locolines is closing shop

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
Post Reply
Tobias

locolines is closing shop

Post by Tobias » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:51 pm

i have heard rumours that locolines is closing shop :cry:

is this true? :shock:

MDLR

Post by MDLR » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:01 pm

That's correct - he doesn't want the "hassle of an online shop" as he put it, but has said that hr might do kits to order if contacted direct.

fred 2010

Post by fred 2010 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:52 pm

Well that is a great pitty, but atleast Roy might continue supplying his excellent kits.

User avatar
dougrail
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1535
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:11 pm
Location: Salopia; on the edge of Arcadia

Post by dougrail » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:02 am

Apologies for ressurecting an old thread, but is there an update to this newscast? I was hoping to obtain a near-off the shelf set of loco transfers in the very near future for a project I am workig on :o

User avatar
dougrail
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1535
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:11 pm
Location: Salopia; on the edge of Arcadia

Post by dougrail » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:18 am

So no hope at all? :(

User avatar
dougrail
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1535
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:11 pm
Location: Salopia; on the edge of Arcadia

Post by dougrail » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:23 am

That's very sad - next two weeks, I was after a Mamod LMS set though slightly altered for shorter side tanks.

I have found a phone number so when the engine intended for is sorted, I may try that.

Thanks very much! :D

ptlrcecil

Post by ptlrcecil » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:51 am

If your after transfers try lightline. Granted they are very expensive but the quality is superb.

User avatar
dougrail
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1535
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:11 pm
Location: Salopia; on the edge of Arcadia

Post by dougrail » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:11 pm

Aye but Locolines did a slab-sheet set for Mamod locos. My idea was to order one of them but wit the tanks shortened to fit the loco in question.

Once I receive it, I'll give the gentleman a call and see what happens.

User avatar
90733
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1955
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: West Yorkshire
Contact:

Post by 90733 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:01 pm

Keith&Joanna:50426 wrote:
dougrail:50425 wrote:So no hope at all? :(
May be worth a phone call if you have the contact details, but i believe there was just not enough profit to continue.
I beleive it was because he had too many orders, not too little!
Thanks
Jack

User avatar
dougrail
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1535
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:11 pm
Location: Salopia; on the edge of Arcadia

Post by dougrail » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:40 pm

So the question is: is he or isn't he? Maybe it's just temporary barring of the gates to get clearance of the backlog?

User avatar
dougrail
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1535
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:11 pm
Location: Salopia; on the edge of Arcadia

Post by dougrail » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:13 pm

Hi,

Apologies for threadbumping but this is I feel a genuine enquiry. I read back here that he may still do transfers if contacted directly. Unfortunatly having found a Wayback of the page [2009..!] I used the email and mobile number suplied only to meet a deadend.

Is there a different email or telephone that might be [semi-publically] available or even a postal address that I could write to - or must I conclude that this avenue is now dead and buried? :(

Many thanks for help

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests