82%
No
18%

Total votes: 28

riveresk
Fireman
Fireman

Post by riveresk » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:09 pm

Oh yes, fantastic finale. To my mind all of them have been really good. I'm now looking forwards to the specials. RTD has said that he's already got 2 big characters confirmed.
'Oliver's no use at all, thinks he's very clever. Says that he can manage us, that's the best joke ever. When he orders us about, with the greatest folly. We just push him down the well. Pop goes old Olly!'

ACLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by ACLR » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:46 pm

looking forward to seeing them :D
as usual we will be 6 months behind :(

Austin Rea
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Austin Rea » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:20 am

The programme has been around for half a century, a favourite Doctor depends really on WHO you grew up with so to speak. As I am older than the programme my view is that Troughton was probably best, followed by Pertwee. Since its return in the modern era, the plots have become increasingly bizarre. Sorry folks but they don't make em like they used to. For the record the worst assistant had to be Sarah Jane, her screeching was something else.

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:08 am

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:40 pm

I know. It's a bit stupid of David staying on to do some specials, and then leaving just before the 5th series. He could of just left at the end of the 4th series, and then we wouldn't have to wait a year for the next.

I do hope he gets a good final story though. I want him to go either fighting the daleks, or the master.

Which actor do you want to replace him? Personally, I think Michael Caine might do a good job. It's about time we had another elderly doctor.
Garden Railways-best hobby in the world.

riveresk
Fireman
Fireman

Post by riveresk » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:09 pm

I would like an older Doctor this time around. We've had the Doctor becoming younger as he gets older. Time for him to get older in phyisical appearance.

I would love Peter Firth (Harry in Spooks) to play him, but would also be happy to see Richard Armitage (Lucus in the new series of Spooks or Guy of Gisbourne). For complete and utter crack Adrian Edmondson would be a hoot as would Leslie Philips be. Finally, and I know that this will never happen but because he did such a good job last time that he played a Timelord, John Simm.
'Oliver's no use at all, thinks he's very clever. Says that he can manage us, that's the best joke ever. When he orders us about, with the greatest folly. We just push him down the well. Pop goes old Olly!'

ACLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by ACLR » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:51 pm

I heard an interview on radio yesteday with David and was shocked to hear he was leaving. that news got here quickly

MTA

Post by MTA » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:07 pm

If John Simm hadn't have been The Master, I think he would be a great Doctor.

Wouldn't it be great if the next Doctor was Harry Hill? :lol:

"Which is better, Catherine Tate or Billie Piper. There's only one way to find out... FIIIGGGHHHHTTTT!" :lol:

I think a slightly older Doctor would be better this time around, possibly David Suchet or Bill Bailey ;) :lol:

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:30 pm

David Jason?

laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:33 pm

hmmm detective inspector Who, Not sure I could see David Jason in the role
But personally I believe it should be Ian Hislop  :lol:  :lol: (for anyone who watched Have I got news for you a couple of years ago)

or to really throw a spanner in the tardis, how about The stig!!! :lol:
"Some say he's the new doctor who..."
"What the hell is that?"
"It's a model icebreaker sir."
"It's a bit big isn't it?"
"It's a full scale model sir....."

MTA

Post by MTA » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:35 pm

laalratty wrote:But personally I believe it should be Ian Hislop  :lol:  :lol: (for anyone who watched Have I got news for you a couple of years ago)
I had forgotten all about that. I laughed like a drain for weeks after that :lol:

riveresk
Fireman
Fireman

Post by riveresk » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:44 pm

laalratty wrote:or to really throw a spanner in the tardis, how about The stig!!! :lol:
"Some say he's the new doctor who..."
Lol, see now I'm remembering the fantastic Dr Who timed lap, to David Tennant's commentary
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=N77GAsv8X-Q
As well as the time that the sci-fi villains went round the track and then Colin Baker turned up. LOL, :lol: :lol: :lol:

ACLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by ACLR » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:37 pm

hahaha good one havent seen that episode

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:03 pm

Who watched this evenings episode?

I really liked it, appart from the fact that the huge cyberman roming across London isn't remembered in the future.
Garden Railways-best hobby in the world.

laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:15 pm

I thought it was great, well played out although I can see potential issues with why a masive cyberman wasn't remembered. Good the Doctor stook around for christmas dinner for once :lol:
"What the hell is that?"
"It's a model icebreaker sir."
"It's a bit big isn't it?"
"It's a full scale model sir....."

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:26 pm

I recorded it as my cousins are a tad noisy, can't wait to watch it though!

riveresk
Fireman
Fireman

Post by riveresk » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:20 pm

I was quite impressed with it, though having read The Doctor Trap I did wonder whether implanted memories were the cause. I loved the progression of Morrisey's character from an arrogant twit to a likeable hero. I also liked how they kept a Victorian view of women as well, there were no speeches of girl power, the Doctor just excepts it. Doctor Who always does good historical episodes and this one was no exception. I'm now looking forwards to the Planet of the Dead in easter.

Oh yes, I whited out some of this cos of spoilers. If you saw the episode and want to read then just highlight the missing text. :)
Last edited by riveresk on Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ACLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by ACLR » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:23 pm

bbc ivew is blocked for me so will have to wait till its here sometime next year :|

MuzTrem
Driver
Driver

Post by MuzTrem » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:53 am

Was I the only one who didn't like this year's Doctor Who Xmas special? It all felt over-CGI'd to me, the giant Cyberman walking across London might have been a Pixar cartoon. And was it just me, or was that woman in red a not-so-subtle attack by RTD on Queen Victoria? You can't deny their hairstyles were suspiciously similar... :roll: [/i]

SLRmidge
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by SLRmidge » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:20 pm

Matt Smith............... Doctor Who ?
Ian of the SLR(N)