18%

Total votes: 28

Matt
Driver
Driver

Dr who

Post by Matt » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:54 pm

What do you think of doctor who?

Personally, I love it! I've got 13 DVDs (6 from the origanle series, all of them dalek stories, 7 from the new series) the very first dalek story on video, a RC dalek, the encycolpidia, a aliens guide, top trumps, board game, and playing cards.

As you can see, my favorate monster is the daleks. I've even managed to meet one! It was in the yorkshire vvillage of Malham, on their annual alien day, and there was an origanle series dalek, and the Tardis, on the village green. Here's the proof below.

What do you think?
Garden Railways-best hobby in the world.

Spule 4
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Spule 4 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:08 pm

Only to the 1970s tho, Baker ruled, the later Doctors in the 1980s (Davison, and maybe another guy named Baker) did not do it for me.

Probably what killed the series, that and the US made movie back in 1996 or so, tht was really horrid :roll: .
Garrett

"Some say that Mamods have problems.  Whatever. I view them as opportunities for improvement."

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:15 pm

Yeah, I love Tom Baker. I've got his 2 dalek stories, and he is brilliant in both. I've also got one from Peter Davison, Colin Baker, and Sylvester Mcoy. Davison isn't very good, and Colin is a bit better, as is Sylvester Mcoy. I don't think it was the quality of the acting that killed off the origanle series. I think it was the fact that it was losing viewers to newer, more exciting programs on other channels (I bet that those programs are now losing viewers to the new series!)

Spule 4
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Spule 4 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:41 pm

Here Matt, liking Daleks, (glad that one did not destroy you) you might like this BBC Interlude:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G5U_7utMDA

A strange ending with the baby, almost has a Terry Gilliam vibe to it!
Garrett

"Some say that Mamods have problems.  Whatever. I view them as opportunities for improvement."

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:51 pm

Cool. Good video.

MuzTrem
Driver
Driver

Post by MuzTrem » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:17 am

Do you like Doctor Who?
Don't ask silly questions :P

My sister and I between us have nine DVDs of the new series, and one old Tom Baker story (The Hand of Fear). All are great :D

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:39 am

Yep! I've got both the R/C K9 & Dalek, great fun :) .

laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:43 am

I want an R/C dalek, but I never have any money when I see one in a shop! Doctor who is great, though my sister is a true fanatic, as im sure we'll see when she answers on this topic :D

riveresk
Fireman
Fireman

Post by riveresk » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:35 pm

Doctor Who is brilliant though I have to say that Peter Davison is the best classic Doctor. Okay he has some bad stories (Time Flight) but he can do so much with just his facial expressions eg the end of Arc of Infinity when Tegan announces that she's coming back on the TARDIS, it is such oh no! I have the last two Tom Baker episodes but I haven't gotten around to watching them yet and I've seen a bit of the Unearthly Child. After watching 'The Five Doctors' Troughton is going to be the last Doctor that I watch.  I've seen one Colin Baker episodeand enjoyed it although Peri really gets on my nerves.

Turlough has to be my favourite classic companion; he's funny, secretive, manipulative, sarcastic and I just love him, oh he's also ginger. Knowing this adds a whole new level to the 'I've always wanted to be ginger' line. Enlightenment has to be my favourite Turlough episode.

I have some of the Target novels (all Davison) as well as two of the Big Finish Short Trips anthologies. I have the audio version of Wariors of the Deep as well as the Big Finish audio drama Phantasmagoria, a 5th Doctor and Turlough adventure.

Oh yeah, I also love the new series.  :D

I've found this to be a brilliant guide to what's out there http://www.drwhoguide.com/who.htm

Terry Malloy is excellent as Davros.

The TV film wasn't good, I wasn't too happy with the design of the TARDIS and though the actor playing the Master was good and creepy it got slightly spoiled whenever he opened his mouth.

Oh, happy St David's day everyone.
'Oliver's no use at all, thinks he's very clever. Says that he can manage us, that's the best joke ever. When he orders us about, with the greatest folly. We just push him down the well. Pop goes old Olly!'

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:18 pm

I've been on youtube and have found out by accident that there is a new dalek novel coming out in 2009. It's called 'Prisoner of the Daleks', and is set in the far future, where a dalek empire (not the one that appeared in series 4) is at war with earth, and the doctor teams up with some bounty hunters to capture a dalek alive.

If you don't belive me, it's already up on amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Doctor-Who-Pris ... 452&sr=8-1

enjoy!

penrhynpwr
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by penrhynpwr » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:18 pm

I also love to watch the Dr. here in the states, catch it on the BBC-america channel. Somewhere in my stuff packed away from a recent move is a police call box to paint into a tardis for my garden railway. Cheers Mike

laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:20 pm

i've got a mini tardis thanks to my sisters boyfriend which is about the right size, but a friend has one that makes a noise as well
"What the hell is that?"
"It's a model icebreaker sir."
"It's a bit big isn't it?"
"It's a full scale model sir....."

MuzTrem
Driver
Driver

Post by MuzTrem » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:08 am

I've got a 16mm police box from Pendlebury model buildings, visitors to my website may have spotted it in some of the photos ;)

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:35 pm

I most certainly have Murray. Laal Ratty has a video on YouTube of one appearing at SLRmidge's (?) line.

laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:00 pm

yep thats the SLR, SLRmidge filmed it and sent it to me saying to put it on youtube
"What the hell is that?"
"It's a model icebreaker sir."
"It's a bit big isn't it?"
"It's a full scale model sir....."

alan2525
Fireman
Fireman

Post by alan2525 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:14 pm

I think Dr Who is great! The latest series is easily the best and some of the story lines have been genuinely creepy too!

Dr Who now has the budget and the effects that in the past it always wished it had! Plus the Daleks are great, mobile dustbins with egg whisks and sink plungers for arms! Plus Landrover indicators flashing on top! They always lose but always come back for more!

GREAT STUFF!

ACLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by ACLR » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:30 am

just wached the episode about doctor who's daughter.
now that has added grist to the mill for future episodes :roll:
great show tho ;)

ACLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by ACLR » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:51 pm

last nights episode was a bit strange I thought having agatha christie in ithope the rest of the episodes dont get too silly :roll:

riveresk
Fireman
Fireman

Post by riveresk » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:47 pm

Aah, that's my favourite episode! I loved the way that they inserted titles of her books into the dialogue.
'Oliver's no use at all, thinks he's very clever. Says that he can manage us, that's the best joke ever. When he orders us about, with the greatest folly. We just push him down the well. Pop goes old Olly!'

ACLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by ACLR » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:08 pm

just watched the finalie last night what a great show.
2 doctor who :shock: who would have guessed it was a great finnish to the series :D