Chopper couplings.

Do you have a problem? Here is the place to appeal for help
Post Reply
User avatar
TheChestnutLine
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:53 am
Location: 'Up North'

Chopper couplings.

Post by TheChestnutLine » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:56 pm

Hello.
I'm looking for some chopper couplings like the Ffestiniogs and wondered if anyone knew of a manufacture that sells them? I know accucraft sell some but to be they look to big?
Thanks
James

User avatar
tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver
Posts: 4824
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:08 am
Location: Kent, UK
Contact:

Post by tom_tom_go » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:31 pm

Check out Brandbright, http://www.brandbright.co.uk/

You will pay the price for them though so I would just go for the Accucraft type and modify to your taste which is what I do.

Cheers,

Tom

Sir haydn

Post by Sir haydn » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:32 pm

brandbright

spooner

Post by spooner » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:54 pm

A friend has let the base of Accucraft chopper couplings in the buffer beam so the wagons are coupled closer together.

taliesin001

Post by taliesin001 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:31 pm

I had the same thing and found brandbright to be the best, however I believe they are out of stock at the moment, which is annoying as I need two sets for my MOTY

User avatar
TheChestnutLine
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:53 am
Location: 'Up North'

Post by TheChestnutLine » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:51 pm

I see what you mean about the price!!!!! tempted though. Thanks guys.
James

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:09 pm

Lewis, just do what I do and take the choppers off another piece of stock if you run out before MOTY!
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests