Track Relaying on the Westwood & Loscoe Light Railway.
-
Narrow Minded
It's going nowhereIf i tried that here the track would sink during the first rainfall
New siding in use today

- Dr. Bond of the DVLR
- Retired Director

- Posts: 4533
- Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
- Location: Suffolk
- Contact:
-
Narrow Minded
Thanks Zach, here's a photo from further back and you can see the main line which has really settled down now. With a bit of luck, the compost will encourage a bit of moss growth in the future (not in this weather though!)
The area beyond the coal staithes is yet to be given any scenic treatment.
Watch this space (or that space
)

The area beyond the coal staithes is yet to be given any scenic treatment.
Watch this space (or that space

-
Narrow Minded
I'm a couple of days late posting this, but I got caught up in the excitement of getting Victoria back with Sir Haydn's excellent detailing and lining!
One of the purposes of the Westwood &Loscoe Light Railway Co. is to provide a service for the local industries along the line. So over the weekend I've just put in the sidings for Matthew's Engineering.

Brick / stone foundation with Rowlands Mix ballast.

and this afternoon I've started a "backscene" to hide the neihbours fence in photo's of Westwood Station.
I had a sheet of expanded polistyrene packaging (rescued from beside another neihbours bin). I've carved an exaggerated roof slope with the bread knife, scribed detail and recesses for windows and doors with a soldering iron, painted with masonery paint and attached windows cut from a Ferrerro chocolate box (thanks for the tip Brian) and doors cut, scribed and painted from scrap plywood to create an ultra-low-relief row of cottages.
Railway Terrace

They still need window frames and toning down a bit but, totally FREE and an afternoons work
(and I'm now doing a "proper" sign for "The Flag & Whistle" pub!
)
One of the purposes of the Westwood &Loscoe Light Railway Co. is to provide a service for the local industries along the line. So over the weekend I've just put in the sidings for Matthew's Engineering.

Brick / stone foundation with Rowlands Mix ballast.

and this afternoon I've started a "backscene" to hide the neihbours fence in photo's of Westwood Station.
I had a sheet of expanded polistyrene packaging (rescued from beside another neihbours bin). I've carved an exaggerated roof slope with the bread knife, scribed detail and recesses for windows and doors with a soldering iron, painted with masonery paint and attached windows cut from a Ferrerro chocolate box (thanks for the tip Brian) and doors cut, scribed and painted from scrap plywood to create an ultra-low-relief row of cottages.
Railway Terrace

They still need window frames and toning down a bit but, totally FREE and an afternoons work
(and I'm now doing a "proper" sign for "The Flag & Whistle" pub!
- 90733
- Driver

- Posts: 1955
- Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm
- Location: West Yorkshire
- Contact:
- Dr. Bond of the DVLR
- Retired Director

- Posts: 4533
- Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
- Location: Suffolk
- Contact:
-
Narrow Minded
They produce "Precision Machined Parts For Industrial & Agricultural Equipment"what do Mathews engineering make?
What's more, at weekends they're not unknown to do a bit of work "on-the-side" for the locals and the W&LLR itself
-
Narrow Minded
Having spent too long "kitbashing" in 12ins to the Ft (actually fitting out our replacement van with bed, cooker, sink, shelving etc)
I've actually got around to doing a bit on the railway!
Here's Blodwen being caught on camera standing in the loop with the new slate fencing.
(The inspector wasn't happy about access from the car park
)

The coal staithes have also been moved, just need an office now

Here's Blodwen being caught on camera standing in the loop with the new slate fencing.
(The inspector wasn't happy about access from the car park

The coal staithes have also been moved, just need an office now

-
Narrow Minded
YepI recognise that truck! Isn't it the one from Postman Pat?
It's one of my "leave outs" (along with what's-her-names' car also from Postman Pat, but with a driver doctored from the Early Learning Centre farmers wife!) that add a bit of "atmosphere" even on days when there's nothing running.
I like to just sit out having a coffee when I'm taking a break from whatever I'm doing (The Joys Of Working From Home!
-
MoelygestLR
-
Narrow Minded
No, it's not a kit, they're ready made kiddies toys. They were available from Woolies (rip) and then the discount sheds like Poundstretcher, B&M, etc for a couple of quid.was the truck a kit that you had to put together yourself?
Speaking of kits though, does anyone know the approximate scale of the Airfix "Wallace & Grommit" van?
-
MoelygestLR
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 57 guests
