Locomotive roster

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
Pendo Pilot

Post by Pendo Pilot » Tue May 04, 2010 2:51 pm

90733 wrote: Oooooooo any ide on price? :D
Will PM you when I get a chance..

User avatar
90733
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1955
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: West Yorkshire
Contact:

Post by 90733 » Tue May 04, 2010 4:27 pm

Pendo Pilot wrote:
90733 wrote: Oooooooo any ide on price? :D
Will PM you when I get a chance..
OK, cheers

SLRmidge

Post by SLRmidge » Thu May 06, 2010 11:47 am

The locomotive department of the SLR(N) at present consists of:

No. 1 Accucraft Edrig 'Curlew'              
        (Bought new)

No. 2 I.P. Punch 'Ethel'                      
        (The first loco I bought/built)

No. 3 I.P. Lister 'Ella'                          
        (Second hand off ebay & rebuilt)

No. 4 FriogEssel P51 'Whitbarrow'
        (Second hand from the Winster Valley Rly)

No. 5 Accucraft Wrekin 'Kittiwake'      
        (Bought new/ rear bunker off a Lady Anne added)

No. 6 Roundhouse Lady Anne 'Guillemot'
       (Second hand & rebuilt)

No. 7 Accucraft Baguley 'Blackbird'
        (Added engine/horn sound)

No. 8 Mike Chaney Kitten 'Tibby'
        (Bought off a website &  rebuilt)

No. 9 Outline Model Orenstein & Koppel
        (Off ebay)

No.10 Scratchbuilt Inspection Railcar 'Bluebottle'
        (I.P. chassis)

No.11 Outline Model Simplex Rail Motor
        (Off ebay)

No.12 JD Turner 'Robin'
        (Secondhand from mag advert)

No.13 Ex Compton Down 'Compton Steel'
        (Scratchbuilt by Peter Jones?)

No.14 I.P. Koppel P/Way Dept
        (Off ebay & rebuilt)

Loco's sold on:
Two LC Danny's
Regner Willi
Brownwell prototype diesel Daisy

User avatar
90733
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1955
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: West Yorkshire
Contact:

Post by 90733 » Thu May 06, 2010 3:59 pm

You know your Compton Down Loco you've got SLRmidge, isn't it a IP punch or Lucy. The bonnet reminds me of one.
Thanks
Jack

SLRmidge

Post by SLRmidge » Thu May 06, 2010 4:41 pm

90733 wrote:You know your Compton Down Loco you've got SLRmidge, isn't it a IP punch or Lucy. The bonnet reminds me of one.
I now what you mean. It was advertised as a possible IP Jessie on the website, but my local 16 millers all think thats its been scratchbuilt. And in Peters book Practical Garden Railways (page 90 ) he states that its 'mostly home made in brass'. On the bonnet it says the word 'haus' which I think was an American Diesel builder, but not sure ?

User avatar
90733
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1955
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: West Yorkshire
Contact:

Post by 90733 » Thu May 06, 2010 4:58 pm

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............................a mystery!
Thanks
Jack

kes

Post by kes » Thu May 06, 2010 8:53 pm

SLRmidge wrote:
90733 wrote:You know your Compton Down Loco you've got SLRmidge, isn't it a IP punch or Lucy. The bonnet reminds me of one.
I now what you mean. It was advertised as a possible IP Jessie on the website, but my local 16 millers all think thats its been scratchbuilt. And in Peters book Practical Garden Railways (page 90 ) he states that its 'mostly home made in brass'. On the bonnet it says the word 'haus' which I think was an American Diesel builder, but not sure ?
Wasn't scratchbuilt by Dad - appeared in 2007 loco stock book (53 engines in there that weren't there in 2009!) Can't remember what notes said in there from memory but hope to get book back from Dads' friend that did valuations soon so will read up again.

IP was a very rough guess on my part, had that sort of feel to it to my very novice (am ashamed to say) eye.

Will be interested to see if any more info comes to light myself, happy hunting

bessytractor
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver
Posts: 677
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:34 pm

Post by bessytractor » Thu May 06, 2010 9:39 pm

Jane, Ruby, coal fired vertical thing whats not finished, and a Stainz.....but I pretend I don't have that!

*edit*

a tram with a Mamod Meccano engine driving it  :lol:
Last edited by bessytractor on Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SLRmidge

Post by SLRmidge » Tue May 18, 2010 2:54 pm

A line up of my battery powered diesels........ :D

Image

Arthur Winkle warily eyeing up the track condition whilst waiting for the signal....
(IP Punch 'Ethel' was my first loco.)

Image

ptlrcecil

Post by ptlrcecil » Tue May 18, 2010 3:24 pm

There be one of those very rare PTLRcraft baguleys in that lot. Works No 2 of a total of 7 in existence. Is that also an Andel O&K I spy.

taliesin001

Post by taliesin001 » Tue May 18, 2010 3:55 pm

The second pic is excellent :D

User avatar
90733
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1955
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: West Yorkshire
Contact:

Post by 90733 » Tue May 18, 2010 4:04 pm

ptlrcecil wrote:. Is that also an Andel O&K I spy.
It's Fendyke (or how u spell it?) isn't it?
Thanks
Jack

ptlrcecil

Post by ptlrcecil » Tue May 18, 2010 4:13 pm

Just been reading other posts and I think Midge says its an IP.

SLRmidge

Post by SLRmidge » Tue May 18, 2010 4:33 pm

The blue & green ones are by a firm called Outline & are made of thick plasticard, the pale green & yellow locos are by IP. Yes PTLRcecil that is one of your baguleys with engine sound & has now also a magnet activated horn sound  :D

Hancockshire

Post by Hancockshire » Sat May 22, 2010 9:36 am

I only used to have Meldrew which is now de-commissioned. He was just too slow & too powerless so I got the battery box, the DPST switch & a gear & began to work on a much better loco BUT you will have to wait until I've finished painting it & finished wiring it up. All I can reveal is this, it has been built out of bits(much like pauly's loco & Morbious from doctor who)& it's very rewarding

User avatar
90733
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1955
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: West Yorkshire
Contact:

Post by 90733 » Sat May 22, 2010 9:49 am

oooo,show us ;)
Thanks
Jack

Hancockshire

Post by Hancockshire » Sat May 22, 2010 10:27 am

It's a surprise. It will be shown undergoing trials at the local garden railway on Youtube

DVT Dweller

Post by DVT Dweller » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:00 pm

SLRmidge wrote:The locomotive department of the SLR(N) at present consists of:

No. 4 FriogEssel P51 'Whitbarrow'
        (Second hand from the Winster Valley Rly)



Loco's sold on:
Two LC Danny's
Regner Willi
Brownwell prototype diesel Daisy
Now that brings back memory's. Fantastic line and always brings a smile to my face but a slight tinge of sadness when I think of it. Infact I know where two of the coach sets are living  :D

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests