Will PM you when I get a chance..90733 wrote: Oooooooo any ide on price?
Locomotive roster
- 90733
- Driver

- Posts: 1955
- Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm
- Location: West Yorkshire
- Contact:
-
SLRmidge
The locomotive department of the SLR(N) at present consists of:
No. 1 Accucraft Edrig 'Curlew'
(Bought new)
No. 2 I.P. Punch 'Ethel'
(The first loco I bought/built)
No. 3 I.P. Lister 'Ella'
(Second hand off ebay & rebuilt)
No. 4 FriogEssel P51 'Whitbarrow'
(Second hand from the Winster Valley Rly)
No. 5 Accucraft Wrekin 'Kittiwake'
(Bought new/ rear bunker off a Lady Anne added)
No. 6 Roundhouse Lady Anne 'Guillemot'
(Second hand & rebuilt)
No. 7 Accucraft Baguley 'Blackbird'
(Added engine/horn sound)
No. 8 Mike Chaney Kitten 'Tibby'
(Bought off a website & rebuilt)
No. 9 Outline Model Orenstein & Koppel
(Off ebay)
No.10 Scratchbuilt Inspection Railcar 'Bluebottle'
(I.P. chassis)
No.11 Outline Model Simplex Rail Motor
(Off ebay)
No.12 JD Turner 'Robin'
(Secondhand from mag advert)
No.13 Ex Compton Down 'Compton Steel'
(Scratchbuilt by Peter Jones?)
No.14 I.P. Koppel P/Way Dept
(Off ebay & rebuilt)
Loco's sold on:
Two LC Danny's
Regner Willi
Brownwell prototype diesel Daisy
No. 1 Accucraft Edrig 'Curlew'
(Bought new)
No. 2 I.P. Punch 'Ethel'
(The first loco I bought/built)
No. 3 I.P. Lister 'Ella'
(Second hand off ebay & rebuilt)
No. 4 FriogEssel P51 'Whitbarrow'
(Second hand from the Winster Valley Rly)
No. 5 Accucraft Wrekin 'Kittiwake'
(Bought new/ rear bunker off a Lady Anne added)
No. 6 Roundhouse Lady Anne 'Guillemot'
(Second hand & rebuilt)
No. 7 Accucraft Baguley 'Blackbird'
(Added engine/horn sound)
No. 8 Mike Chaney Kitten 'Tibby'
(Bought off a website & rebuilt)
No. 9 Outline Model Orenstein & Koppel
(Off ebay)
No.10 Scratchbuilt Inspection Railcar 'Bluebottle'
(I.P. chassis)
No.11 Outline Model Simplex Rail Motor
(Off ebay)
No.12 JD Turner 'Robin'
(Secondhand from mag advert)
No.13 Ex Compton Down 'Compton Steel'
(Scratchbuilt by Peter Jones?)
No.14 I.P. Koppel P/Way Dept
(Off ebay & rebuilt)
Loco's sold on:
Two LC Danny's
Regner Willi
Brownwell prototype diesel Daisy
- 90733
- Driver

- Posts: 1955
- Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm
- Location: West Yorkshire
- Contact:
-
SLRmidge
I now what you mean. It was advertised as a possible IP Jessie on the website, but my local 16 millers all think thats its been scratchbuilt. And in Peters book Practical Garden Railways (page 90 ) he states that its 'mostly home made in brass'. On the bonnet it says the word 'haus' which I think was an American Diesel builder, but not sure ?90733 wrote:You know your Compton Down Loco you've got SLRmidge, isn't it a IP punch or Lucy. The bonnet reminds me of one.
- 90733
- Driver

- Posts: 1955
- Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm
- Location: West Yorkshire
- Contact:
-
kes
Wasn't scratchbuilt by Dad - appeared in 2007 loco stock book (53 engines in there that weren't there in 2009!) Can't remember what notes said in there from memory but hope to get book back from Dads' friend that did valuations soon so will read up again.SLRmidge wrote:I now what you mean. It was advertised as a possible IP Jessie on the website, but my local 16 millers all think thats its been scratchbuilt. And in Peters book Practical Garden Railways (page 90 ) he states that its 'mostly home made in brass'. On the bonnet it says the word 'haus' which I think was an American Diesel builder, but not sure ?90733 wrote:You know your Compton Down Loco you've got SLRmidge, isn't it a IP punch or Lucy. The bonnet reminds me of one.
IP was a very rough guess on my part, had that sort of feel to it to my very novice (am ashamed to say) eye.
Will be interested to see if any more info comes to light myself, happy hunting
-
bessytractor
- Trainee Driver

- Posts: 677
- Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:34 pm
Jane, Ruby, coal fired vertical thing whats not finished, and a Stainz.....but I pretend I don't have that!
*edit*
a tram with a Mamod Meccano engine driving it :lol:
*edit*
a tram with a Mamod Meccano engine driving it :lol:
Last edited by bessytractor on Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
SLRmidge
-
ptlrcecil
- 90733
- Driver

- Posts: 1955
- Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm
- Location: West Yorkshire
- Contact:
-
SLRmidge
-
Hancockshire
I only used to have Meldrew which is now de-commissioned. He was just too slow & too powerless so I got the battery box, the DPST switch & a gear & began to work on a much better loco BUT you will have to wait until I've finished painting it & finished wiring it up. All I can reveal is this, it has been built out of bits(much like pauly's loco & Morbious from doctor who)& it's very rewarding
- 90733
- Driver

- Posts: 1955
- Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm
- Location: West Yorkshire
- Contact:
-
Hancockshire
-
DVT Dweller
Now that brings back memory's. Fantastic line and always brings a smile to my face but a slight tinge of sadness when I think of it. Infact I know where two of the coach sets are living :DSLRmidge wrote:The locomotive department of the SLR(N) at present consists of:
No. 4 FriogEssel P51 'Whitbarrow'
(Second hand from the Winster Valley Rly)
Loco's sold on:
Two LC Danny's
Regner Willi
Brownwell prototype diesel Daisy
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests