Problems with Yahoo mail

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
andymctractor
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Problems with Yahoo mail

Post by andymctractor » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:54 pm

Anybody else having trouble with Yahoo mail?
I couldn't log in so I eventually managed to change my password. Problem remains.
Regards
Andy McMahon

If it moves, salute it.  If it doesn't move, paint it. (RN sailors basic skills course 1968)

andymctractor
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by andymctractor » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:33 pm

Hi all,
been trying all day to get logged in. Tried once more before giving up (about 1600) for the dayand all is just like I hadn't been gone with my password working and all.

Good luck.
Regards
Andy McMahon

If it moves, salute it.  If it doesn't move, paint it. (RN sailors basic skills course 1968)

Enginehouse
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Enginehouse » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:27 pm

andymctractor:105825 wrote:Hi all,
been trying all day to get logged in.  Tried once more before giving up (about 1600) for the dayand all is just like I hadn't been gone with my password working and all.

Good luck.
I

Yahoo has been having problems for the last couple of months on and off with their mail system. They seem to have completely lost the plot of late, although it's still a good mailing system to use as a dump for unwanted and unsolicited mail and sadly not much else.

The yahoo groups are nowhere near as easy to use or as useful to use as they were either. The non threading of subjects and insistence of using e-mail delivery is hopeless. A real mess.

andymctractor
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by andymctractor » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:42 pm

Enginehouse:105829 wrote:The yahoo groups are nowhere near as easy to use or as useful to use as they were either. A real mess.
I stopped using the Yahoo groups a long time ago mainly because I had to put up with reams of unwanted e-mails.
I did for a while have a web based e-mail and used Outlook and that worked well till I got rid of the website and web host.
I used hotmail for a while but I can't remember why I ended up with Yahoo for my mail but there must have been some reason. :oops:

Good luck
Regards
Andy McMahon

Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:11 pm

It has been very slow to log on these last few days and I've found that now it has stopped logging in.
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:48 pm

I've been having problems all day with my BT mail - I belive that's also handled by Yahoo - more like Boohoo!

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

Gralyn
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Gralyn » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:29 pm

Yahoo mail has been slow for a while recently on my desktop using Google Chrome. It is fine on my smart phone, tablet and I-pad though.
Regards Graham.

Dannypenguin
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Dannypenguin » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:16 pm

A lot of our customers are struggling, I've been answering a lot of our phone calls over the past few days from people asking about their orders as they can't see the status! :roll:
Dan

Visit the PFLR website - http://poultonfarmlightrailway.webs.com/
Dean Forest Railway Society website - http://dfrsociety.org/

andymctractor
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by andymctractor » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:43 pm

Gralyn:105863 wrote:Yahoo mail has been slow for a while recently on my desktop using Google Chrome. It is fine on my smart phone, tablet and I-pad though.
My wife had no problems with Yahoo on her Apple stuff while I was unable to use it on my PC.
All seems to be sorted now except being slow, but I don't recall it ever not being slow.
Regards
Andy McMahon