Llechfan and website news

Links to and discussion of garden railway video footage or videos of real railways which might inspire members with their modelling
Chris Bird
Fireman
Fireman

Llechfan and website news

Post by Chris Bird » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:54 pm

Hi folks
Anyone trying to view videos on my website will know that the medis player software failed about a month ago and they all showed a blank screen. Well I have now totally re-written the website in the latest HTML5 and so the 150 plus videos all now play - and on iPhones and iPads too*. I have taken the opportunity to make it all a bit more logical and have added links to lots more of my projects for those who fancy a warts and all read
I have not been out videoing while glued to the computer, but luckily Steve Smith visited Llechfan, at Towyn's Wharf station with his Roundhouse Hunslet. You can see his great video on my news page here:
http://www.summerlands-ch...huffer-news/4577381256

* I have had a couple of reports of browser problems with Windows XP and on my own Firefox 22 on my iMac (it was fine yesterday but not today....). It would be very helpful if let me know if you have problems viewing the site at www.summerlands-chuffer.co.uk
Cheers
Chris

hussra
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by hussra » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:26 am

Looks good and videos work nicely in Chrome on my Nexus 7, Chris - another new way to use mobile data on the way to work...!

You need to make the pilgrimage to Llechfan yourself some time, would be interested to see what a Summerlands video of the live would look like.
Richard Huss
in sunny Solihull

Chris Bird
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Chris Bird » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:29 am

hussra:85511 wrote:Looks good and videos work nicely in Chrome on my Nexus 7, Chris - another new way to use mobile data on the way to work...!

You need to make the pilgrimage to Llechfan yourself some time, would be interested to see what a Summerlands video of the live would look like.
Thanks Richard - it now seems to be working everywhere!
You are right - I must take a trip to Llechfan, though it is a five hour drive from here. I suspect that my video would be similar to Steve's - though in Summer hopefully :D
Cheers
Chris