MHLR History

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

MHLR History

Post by mhlr » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:15 am

I had some spare time early this morning (around 1:30 am actually  :roll: ) so I decided to improve my poor MHLR history page.

Someone kindly pointed out a link to my astonishment, for the 'Helford Valley Railway' (http://www.hvr.org.uk/). I thought to myself, wow, this is probably the best thing that's happened for my inspiration, the fact that THERE LITTERALLY WAS A NARROW GAUGE RAILWAY RUNNING NEXT TO MY HOUSE!!!! Exitement got to me, so I changed the history of the MHLR to closely resemble the HVR, and how it would have been etc. I think this is pretty exiting *note to self, take boat up river, explore old track bed* and I have got to find out more.

I have made a plan from the HVR plan of what exactly the MHLR would look like in the area, and how my extension (not this year!!!) will be justified: http://www.freewebs.com/mhlr/history.htm

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:21 am

Er, mhlr, you do realise you've just fallen for the best april fools day joke I've ever seen?

One, if there was a railway like that, it would almost certainly have been in my 'Lost lines; British Narrow Gauge' book, which it isn't. 2, the engines that were used on this line look like the tallylln railway's NO.1, which was the only one of it's class every made.

Finally, one of the pics of the Baldwin's hauling a train over a level crossing was actully taken on the ashover railway.
Garden Railways-best hobby in the world.

MuzTrem
Driver
Driver

Post by MuzTrem » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:57 am

And the photo above looks distinctly like it has been digitally "doctored"... :?

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:11 am

Now Pete's aim is to make this railway real, lets not spoil his fun :lol: . Gutted Pete, I'd fell for it till now, it's very convincing, somone has got too much time.

Matt,
Lost Railway is not going to be in that book, or else you wouldn't be able to pick it up!

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:40 pm

SillyBilly wrote:Now Pete's aim is to make this railway real, lets not spoil his fun :lol: . Gutted Pete, I'd fell for it till now, it's very convincing, somone has got too much time.

Matt,
Lost Railway is not going to be in that book, or else you wouldn't be able to pick it up!
Very funny :) .
Garden Railways-best hobby in the world.

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:41 pm

That's the spirit Matt :D !

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:11 pm

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D I know, I fooled you lot actually. It's my friend Steve Howe over in Falmouth who made the site, he did photoshop the pictures. Basically, if you look at the Talylln photo gallery, and look at No.1, the picture on one has been flipped, and placed on a different background! :lol: Some of the photos are real, for example, the one of the track heading down a cutting under a bridge. But that is standard gauge track, if you look closely, and I think its of the old Helston Branchline that they are currently rebuilding. ROFL I had my fun.

There is something useful though, its based on the working of many little narrow gauge lines in Cornwall, so I am going to use some of the story for MHLR history!