Website changes.

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
grumpfuttock
Fireman
Fireman

Website changes.

Post by grumpfuttock » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:31 am

I have currently changed the design of the Tumbly Down Cottage website, and I know that at least a couple of people here have been kind enough to put a link to it, or to a specific page, on their websites.

However due to structure changes in the file system on the server, and a new menu system, any links to specific pages on the previous site will no longer function (sorry)  :(
The same applies to anyone who had bookmarked any of the pages belonging to the previous site (sorry again!). It has really confused the Googlebot ! I am not sure how long it will be before the old search results will be removed from Google.

The main index (default) page address..
www.tumblydowncottage.dk
still works fine, indeed that is now the only real way to access any of the pages belonging to the site.

Pages on the new site can still be bookmarked, even though the link shows as a link to the default (main) page. In the new layout, all pages open in the default page, but bookmarking does save the page that is open in the default page... luckily ! I didn't think it would...Phew ! 3 weeks work and re-editing 271 photos hasn't been wasted!  :D
John.

"I am not an armchair modeller, I have a garden railway, so I am a deckchair modeller."

http://www.tumblydowncottage.dk