Proud new owner :)

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
Sammmm

Proud new owner :)

Post by Sammmm » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:28 pm

Im the proud new owner or the Compton down railway Battery operated hunslet :):) was on the stand at stoneliegh and also the hunslet stand and shall be picking her up on my next visit to wales in may :)

** she will stay the same ..EXACTLY the same as she is now apart from new batterys as the old ones hold enough charge to rune about 10 meters lol **

Pics to come at some point

taliesin001

Post by taliesin001 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:47 pm

Well done, that willbe something special! :D

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4336
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Shropshire, England

Post by mhlr » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:57 pm

Nice one Sam!! Get some pics as soon as it comes!
Image

User avatar
90733
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1955
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: West Yorkshire
Contact:

Post by 90733 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:22 am

Great. But how? The bidding doesn't end for another 2 days?

Sammmm

Post by Sammmm » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:55 am

Sealed a deal with Kes Jones :)

User avatar
90733
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1955
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: West Yorkshire
Contact:

Post by 90733 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:09 am

Cool (dare we ask how much you payed?).
I've just sent an email for something. (Hope I win)

SLRmidge

Post by SLRmidge » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:07 am

Ive put a bid in also, fingers crossed till Wednesday!

Sammmm

Post by Sammmm » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:14 am

Tehe dare you ask how much i payed for it ;) guide price at £55 :):)

User avatar
90733
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1955
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: West Yorkshire
Contact:

Post by 90733 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:56 pm

No that bad then :D Can't wait for some pics.
Hope I win what i biddered for :D

Adam R

Post by Adam R » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:18 am

Sammmm wrote:Sealed a deal with Kes Jones :)
you mean, I sealed you a deal...

Im also proud owner of the little battery mines loco and the ex WD Hunslet.

Hoorayyy

User avatar
90733
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1955
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: West Yorkshire
Contact:

Post by 90733 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:00 pm

Adam R wrote:
Sammmm wrote:Sealed a deal with Kes Jones :)
you mean, I sealed you a deal...

Im also proud owner of the little battery mines loco and the ex WD Hunslet.

Hoorayyy
Piccies?????????????????/ :D

kes

Post by kes » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:20 pm

90733 wrote:
Adam R wrote:
Sammmm wrote:Sealed a deal with Kes Jones :)
you mean, I sealed you a deal...

Im also proud owner of the little battery mines loco and the ex WD Hunslet.

Hoorayyy
Piccies?????????????????/ :D
Erm, excuse me boys..... I'll think you'll find I sealed you a deal!

in the interests of fairness to the other bidders in the auction who may be reading this thread I'd like to explain here that your items were withdrawn early as you are active volunteers doing noble works at Llechfan on the new Compton Down site who have faithfully promised to run locos on CDR and continue to see active service as new railway is built.

I now own your mortal souls - may the lord have mercy on you all...

mwhahahahahaahah :twisted:

Thanks for great jobs so far - photos to follow to you of engines on display at Stoneleigh - sorry you couldn't be there.

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:38 pm

Hahhahhahhaha!
Nice to see you've joined us here Kes! I think this forum could do with a little more female input.
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

laalratty

Post by laalratty » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:42 pm

Mr. Bond of the DVLR wrote:Hahhahhahhaha!
Nice to see you've joined us here Kes! I think this forum could do with a little more female input.
I'm sure my sister will be gutted that she's not the only girl now, not that she posts anything these days anyway!
Welcome to the forum Kes :)

kes

Post by kes » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:31 pm

Thank you for the welcome - hello to sister - us girls have to go round in pairs you know so good to know am not alone! ;)

Will post as often as I can but all a blur here on Compton Down, this railway lark a full time occupation!

Sammmm

Post by Sammmm » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:58 pm

kes wrote:
90733 wrote:
Adam R wrote:
Sammmm wrote:Sealed a deal with Kes Jones :)
you mean, I sealed you a deal...

Im also proud owner of the little battery mines loco and the ex WD Hunslet.

Hoorayyy
Piccies?????????????????/ :D
Erm, excuse me boys..... I'll think you'll find I sealed you a deal!

in the interests of fairness to the other bidders in the auction who may be reading this thread I'd like to explain here that your items were withdrawn early as you are active volunteers doing noble works at Llechfan on the new Compton Down site who have faithfully promised to run locos on CDR and continue to see active service as new railway is built.

I now own your mortal souls - may the lord have mercy on you all...

mwhahahahahaahah :twisted:

Thanks for great jobs so far - photos to follow to you of engines on display at Stoneleigh - sorry you couldn't be there.
Good point :) i was still half asleep at 8:55 in the morning :( and thanks for photos :) cant wait to see them

kes

Post by kes » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:39 am

hope to have time to plug my camera in today - looking forward to seeing photos myself! :?

Adam R

Post by Adam R » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:41 pm

But we enjoy tearing each other to bits, its the amusing side. Aint that right sam. *held upsidedown by a leg*

kes

Post by kes » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:30 pm

Some Stoneleigh pics - a couple a' Edward Sholto - then 'Dacre' as built by Dad then a few of CDR display including some Hunslets and a mining loco - apologies that closer close ups got a wobble on as slightly dark in hall for short exposures.. :oops:

http://s209.photobucket.com/albums/bb50 ... toneleigh/

User avatar
90733
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1955
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: West Yorkshire
Contact:

Post by 90733 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:37 pm

Enjoyed looking through all the pics. Just shows how big or small some of the items are (compared to a person).

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 52 guests