An unusual garden feature:

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
Post Reply
Nomis
Fireman
Fireman
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:04 am
Location: Cornwall

An unusual garden feature:

Post by Nomis » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:28 pm

Found this one while exploring a local footpath (near to Cothele Quay for anyone else in Cornwall).

How about having your own full sized drift mine in your garden?!

Image

The above is the view from the footpath.

I tried to get some more detailed shots:

Image

Image

Image

The gauge looks to be about 18", with a tiny mine tub parked just inside the entrance. Pretty neat if you have the space.

(personally I wouldn't be able to resist building a little battery loco to trundle up & down on ;) ).

If anyone wants to find this themselves, it is alongside the footpath that branches off from the main path between Cothele Quay & Calstock.

Jonnyb
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:50 pm
Location: Surrey

Post by Jonnyb » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:54 pm

Thats cool, I would have knonke on the and asked if i coukd have a proper look

Narrow Minded

Post by Narrow Minded » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:18 am

Image

;)

User avatar
Keith S
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1668
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:44 pm
Location: Canada

Post by Keith S » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:53 am

Is it actually an old drift, or has someone created that as a garden feature?

Where do the tracks lead? I love stuff like that.

KVSRmanager

Post by KVSRmanager » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:22 pm

Nice, I'll have to have a gander when I'm next up that way .....

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 67 guests