New steam dome

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
Post Reply
DLRdan

New steam dome

Post by DLRdan » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:58 pm

Those who have seen the blue Mamod I made will notice the slightly odd steam dome it has, which was made quickly using an old pipe fitting. To day I made a start on the propper one.

The old
Image

And the new
Image

Chris Bird

Post by Chris Bird » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:05 pm

That looks very nice Dan - I look forward to seeing the next stage as I have never been brave enough to tackle the flared part!
Cheers
Chris

User avatar
-steves-
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2473
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Cambridge & Peterborough

Post by -steves- » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:12 am

Nice, how do you get the curves in it?? :shock:

DLRdan

Post by DLRdan » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:18 am

Finished this on saturday but wanted to give it a polish first. I did the curves by turning a squared off version then rounded the curves using a file.

Image

Image

User avatar
-steves-
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2473
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Cambridge & Peterborough

Post by -steves- » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:20 am

WOW, thats done with a file, super impresive :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

User avatar
Gremlin
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver
Posts: 695
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:46 pm
Location: Kent

Post by Gremlin » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:37 am

Nice neat job, looks great

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 35 guests