Compton Down Polly

What is your latest project?
Driver
Driver

Compton Down Polly

Post by 90733 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:04 pm

Now I have received Polly form compton down (a steam outline battery loco), I am thinking of restoring it to it's 'former self'. Just wondering if anyone would be against this?
The biggest task would be dismatiling it, partially done, but I'm stuck now, and getting it run, and a little bit of paint touch up.
I have also seen people with 16mm scale Peter Jones figure and wondering where you may have got these (and at what cost?) becuase I may fit one in the cab.
So is this a good idea?
Thanks
Jack

kes
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by kes » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:07 pm

http://www.robbennett.org/

I love Rob Bennett figures (and not just because there's my Dad in the range)

Hopefully there will be plenty of sound advice available on what gubbins you need to replace what's there - afraid my knowledge doesn't run to be able to help but know it's fairly straightforward bog standard stuff. Get some piccies of what's there and see what can be replaced.

Repaint? ...depends on how much of the industrial Compton workhorse look you want to keep, but is your baby to do with as you feel is needed... found another sneaky pic of Polly in red the other day so will bung under scanner for you when chance arises.

Keep up the good works
8)

Driver
Driver

Post by 90733 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:25 pm

kes wrote:http://www.robbennett.org/

I love Rob Bennett figures (and not just because there's my Dad in the range)

Hopefully there will be plenty of sound advice available on what gubbins you need to replace what's there - afraid my knowledge doesn't run to be able to help but know it's fairly straightforward bog standard stuff. Get some piccies of what's there and see what can be replaced.

Repaint? ...depends on how much of the industrial Compton workhorse look you want to keep, but is your baby to do with as you feel is needed... found another sneaky pic of Polly in red the other day so will bung under scanner for you when chance arises.

Keep up the good works
8)
Cheers for the confidence. The only choices really I'm thinking is to orginal red, if i can find close colour, although I'm thinking just touching up the current colours where it's gone a but beyond weathered. Will get some pics at the weekend (maybe sooner if I can) so I can find out what I need (from all you helpful people).
Cheers for another pic :D
Also is it good idea having Peter Jones driving?
Jack
Thanks
Jack

kes
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by kes » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:29 pm

Lovely idea to have a Peter driving - but would he fit o.k.? can't quite picture space in cab from memory but figure wider than some with arms posed as they are

Driver
Driver

Post by 90733 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:33 pm

kes wrote:Lovely idea to have a Peter driving - but would he fit o.k.? can't quite picture space in cab from memory but figure wider than some with arms posed as they are
The cabs fairly big, and with no controls really to get to like steam locos he might fit, just need to sort out getting one. And if he doesn't fit, he can 'hang' around Little Compton and see if everythings in order ;)
Also how much are they (and how do I order)?
Jack
sorry for all the questions.
Thanks
Jack

kes
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by kes » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:43 pm

I've not bought one as mine was presented to Dad at Stoneleigh - am guessing website a good guide for price ranges? ;)

Driver
Driver

Post by 90733 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:46 pm

kes wrote:I've not bought one as mine was presented to Dad at Stoneleigh - am guessing website a good guide for price ranges?  ;)
Ok, never mind, it says custom models likeness £25, so I'm taking thats the price, might just email him ;)
Thanks
Jack

kes
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by kes » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:49 pm

Looks to be £15 - think the £25 is if there is someone you want making especially

Driver
Driver

Post by 90733 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:15 pm

After what seems like a long time (well it was), Polly will be hitting the rails soon........
Thanks
Jack

Driver
Driver

Post by 90733 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:21 pm

IT RUNS, IT RUNS :D
Yep, thats right, it works, wired it up, given it a lick of paint, it deserved it, however the body is slightly wonky on the chassis :cry: , but I suppose it isn't to obvious, nd she is getting on abit.
However I'd like to thank Greg (for sending me a switch, cheers :D ), Bryan (for helping to source a chassis :D ), and obviosly Kes, for letting me have the loco in the first place :D.
Pics and vids at the weekend :D
Thanks
Jack

Sammmm
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Sammmm » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:22 am

Great!! Can't wait to see pics... i Shall upload Some pics of my Compton Down Hunslet 'Falcon' at the weekend as well :)
Ta,

Sam :)

Dude where's my car!!.....Dude get a life!...Get swift cover 8)

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:03 am

Just a thought - if there's going to be a flurry of photo's of ex-Compton Down loco's in their new homes, how about putting them all together in their own topic?
I know that some have appeared elsewhere on here but it might be neat to see 'em all together and if anyone hasn't posted up a photo it would be a good opportunity :?:

Driver
Driver

Post by 90733 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:50 pm

Narrow Minded:49194 wrote:Just a thought - if there's going to be a flurry of photo's of ex-Compton Down loco's in their new homes, how about putting them all together in their own topic?
I know that some have appeared elsewhere on here but it might be neat to see 'em all together and if anyone hasn't posted up a photo it would be a good opportunity :?:
Good idea, gonna post pics of yours in it ;)
Thanks
Jack

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:02 pm

Good idea, gonna post pics of yours in it
With pride! :D