new online user record!

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
bungle80a
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

new online user record!

Post by bungle80a » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:36 pm

Just looked at the stats at the bottom of the page. The most users ever online was this evening at 20:47 (actually 19:47 in the UK). I guess the forums are growing!

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:59 pm

Yay, thanks for telling me about the time problem, I've sorted it, now set to GMT, how many months has it taken to remove daylight savings hours?

ptlrcecil
Driver
Driver

Post by ptlrcecil » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:01 pm

How many people have we got now bill?
http://www.freewebs.com/pinetreelightrailway/index.

Cecil your engines on Fire!

Its a Mamod it does that.

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:53 pm

42, and 28 have posted, not bad considering we've only been about since around the begining of October! I'd like to post a link on the 16mm e-group, obviously I'd ask first, but they seem like the type of crowd who wouldn't take to kindly to it? Not that I think they're grumpy or anything, but most people don't like 'intruders', perhaps they find e-groups easier to view? Personally I don't (that's why I set here up). Who knows? I'm trying to kick a portable layout project off the ground and I'm hoping to promote it in tandem with the layout.

laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:57 pm

I'm a member of both, and I've made far more postings on here than on the egroup, much better to talk on plus this is much, MUCH better at staying on topic!

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:30 pm

What I like about these myfreeforums is that you can post photos and videos within your text content.

Unless you subscribe to the e-mails (and look how many postings the 16mmngm Yahoo group gets a month!) then you cannot see the photos that have been attached to the messages, but a stupid little box saying 'image not stored'.

As I have spent a lot of time away from home in the last 2 years on steam train tours worldwide, I could not afford to have my Inbox & Bulk folders overloaded with these e-mails. So I do not subscribe to e-mails on the Yahoo groups I have joined.

ACLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by ACLR » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:39 pm

I also find these forums a lot easier to follow than the e groups and I also find yahoo a pain to use :roll:

laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:52 pm

I picked a few useful things from egroup postings, including some very good tips for soldering for when I eventually buy that Lady Anne kit :lol:

ptlrcecil
Driver
Driver

Post by ptlrcecil » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:52 pm

Thats what I like about this forum. Its easy to find what you want and theres always someone who can help you with a problem.
http://www.freewebs.com/pinetreelightrailway/index.

Cecil your engines on Fire!

Its a Mamod it does that.