Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
-
SLRmidge
Post
by SLRmidge » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:31 pm
Well done Brian for a nice article of the MDLR in the latest Railway Modeller.

-
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
- Retired Director

- Posts: 4533
- Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
- Location: Suffolk
-
Contact:
Post
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:59 pm
In railway modeller? I must huury up and get this issue!!

The railway which people forgot
(to build)
-
laalratty
Post
by laalratty » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:26 pm
I brought the issue as reading material whislt in Wales, 'tis a good article MDLR, and lots of nice pics. Hopefully should inspire some indoor modellers to think about moving outdoors, just like I did

-
LMS-Jools
Post
by LMS-Jools » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:22 pm
Well dun that man and can I borrow your railway modeller please Christopher.

-
laalratty
Post
by laalratty » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:28 pm
LMS-Jools wrote: and can I borrow your railway modeller please Christopher. :lol:
I daresay that you can

-
LMS-Jools
Post
by LMS-Jools » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:30 pm
Huwwah and Ta Very Muchly

lol
-
laalratty
Post
by laalratty » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:33 pm
just let me finish reading it first

I din't get much spare time in Aberystwyth (i've decided pics to come tommorow, i've not got time to do it now, there are pics from the Vale of Rheidol, Welsh Highland and Ffestiniog)
-
SLRmidge
Post
by SLRmidge » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:23 pm
Looking forward to the pics & borrowing your mag also as only managed to scan article in Booths.......

-
bungle80a
Post
by bungle80a » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:34 pm
SLRmidge wrote:Looking forward to the pics & borrowing your mag also as only managed to scan article in Booths.......

Sounds illegal!
-
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
- Retired Director

- Posts: 4533
- Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
- Location: Suffolk
-
Contact:
Post
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:51 pm
The articel is really good! Nice to see a garden railway A. in railway modeller and B. On railway of the month! It should definately be a good pull for people from indoor to the great out doors!

The railway which people forgot
(to build)
-
New Haven Neil
Post
by New Haven Neil » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:43 am
Do they still do a garden railways issue every August? They used to (when I was but a lad), but I haven't bought RM for years. Must go into W H Smug's and have a look
I still have the ones with the Jack Wheldon articles....eee, them were't days.......

-
laalratty
Post
by laalratty » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:49 am
This was the first time I'd brought Railway Modeller in 3 years, and it is the August edition so I think it is still left over for garden railways to a large extent. The last couple of years I think there hasn't been much 16mm content in the August Edition, whislt this time there are 2 articles
-
Hancockshire
Post
by Hancockshire » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:18 am
Fab article. not many garden railways are railway of the month. Sad I can't build a garden railway because I live with Victor Meldrew.
The other garden railway article is too basic for my liking. they've just used tracklaying techniques that I wouldn't use.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests