Page 1 of 1
rain
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:52 pm
by gauge
Hi all,Well i finished laying my track last week ,finished a portable station platform, got my ip engineering loco up and running

benn on here and looked at all the nice garden layouts

Thing is it will not stop raining

is this normal for us outdoor railways

not happy gauge
Rain
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:59 pm
by Catweasel
It appears so. Just finished the base for my terminus. That's it. Rain equals no completion. I've got to lift some patio flags,drive in Metposts,lay slate etc. dear.
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:53 pm
by Narrow Minded
It must be summer - the rain's warmer than it was!

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:26 am
by Pendo Pilot
Put a coat & wellies on, thats what I do.

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:55 pm
by Johnnie2sheds
My wife realised I was crackers when I used to sit in a fold up chair, with a fishing umbrella up drinking tea watching trains go by in the pouring rain. Its only water.
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:35 pm
by Dwayne
Our last rain came with 60mph winds, a ten minute long hail storm and a tornado...
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:17 pm
by Narrow Minded
Dwayne:71826 wrote:Our last rain came with 60mph winds, a ten minute long hail storm and a tornado...
Ah, Reba gets her answer! ("Does that wind still blow in Oklahoma")
According to
one of our newspaper front pages today, summer will arrive in September

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:35 pm
by laalratty
Narrow Minded:71828 wrote:
According to
one of our newspaper front pages today, summer will arrive in September

Yes, that happens every year (including last year if you remember although it was a bit later then usual), I've been keeping an eye on the weather in September over the past few years and usually it has been better then the summer in general (I say in general, there were a couple of really lovely days during my holiday in Wales last July)
Also, I must say that I don't like it much hotter then 22 degrees, and probably prefer things were the weather isn't hot and sunny for weeks on end....

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:44 pm
by SherpaPhil
you lot are all soft, this is normal weather where i'm from ;-)
Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:20 pm
by Adam R
Dont be mard,
Ive been running 16mm in a waterlogged, muddy field at the 1000 engine rally, it attracted quite the crowd when everyone was bored at flywheels going round.
Oh and it kept blowing the gas out in the accucraft baldwin! And than that just slipped when the track got a bit damp!
Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:41 pm
by SherpaPhil
it would be nice if it stopped raining in Shrewsbury for a few days so i could get some track down !
Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:45 pm
by Narrow Minded
SherpaPhil:72163 wrote:it would be nice if it stopped raining in Shrewsbury for a few days so i could get some track down !
you lot are all soft, this is normal weather where i'm from ;-)

Make your mind up!

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:42 am
by DolwyddelanLightRail
laalratty:71835 wrote: I must say that I don't like it much hotter then 22 degrees, and probably prefer things were the weather isn't hot and sunny for weeks on end....

I don't like it much hotter than 15 if I'm firing, and 27 was just torture on Earl of Merionydd! at least with a Garret you can get away from the heat more
Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:58 pm
by MDLR
DolwyddelanLightRail:72174 wrote:I don't like it much hotter than 15 if I'm firing, and 27 was just torture on Earl of Merionydd! at least with a Garret you can get away from the heat more
Do they still have tthe "swing out" seats in the cab doorways, or did Health & Safety insist on their removal?
Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:32 pm
by TonyW
MDLR:72184 wrote:Do they still have tthe "swing out" seats in the cab doorways, or did Health & Safety insist on their removal?
No, and no. They would not fit through the old bridges.