rain

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
Post Reply
gauge

rain

Post by gauge » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:52 pm

Hi all,Well i finished laying my track last week ,finished a portable station platform, got my ip engineering loco up and running :D benn on here and looked at all the nice garden layouts :) Thing is it will not stop raining :( is this normal for us outdoor railways :? not happy gauge

Catweasel

Rain

Post by Catweasel » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:59 pm

It appears so. Just finished the base for my terminus. That's it. Rain equals no completion. I've got to lift some patio flags,drive in Metposts,lay slate etc. dear.

Narrow Minded

Post by Narrow Minded » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:53 pm

It must be summer - the rain's warmer than it was! ;)

Pendo Pilot

Post by Pendo Pilot » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:26 am

Put a coat & wellies on, thats what I do. :twisted:

Johnnie2sheds

Post by Johnnie2sheds » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:55 pm

My wife realised I was crackers when I used to sit in a fold up chair, with a fishing umbrella up drinking tea watching trains go by in the pouring rain. Its only water.

Dwayne

Post by Dwayne » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:35 pm

Our last rain came with 60mph winds, a ten minute long hail storm and a tornado...

Narrow Minded

Post by Narrow Minded » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:17 pm

Dwayne:71826 wrote:Our last rain came with 60mph winds, a ten minute long hail storm and a tornado...
Ah, Reba gets her answer! ("Does that wind still blow in Oklahoma") ;)
According to one of our newspaper front pages today, summer will arrive in September :roll:

laalratty

Post by laalratty » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:35 pm

Narrow Minded:71828 wrote: According to one of our newspaper front pages today, summer will arrive in September :roll:
Yes, that happens every year (including last year if you remember although it was a bit later then usual), I've been keeping an eye on the weather in September over the past few years and usually it has been better then the summer in general (I say in general, there were a couple of really lovely days during my holiday in Wales last July)
Also, I must say that I don't like it much hotter then 22 degrees, and probably prefer things were the weather isn't hot and sunny for weeks on end.... :roll:

SherpaPhil

Post by SherpaPhil » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:44 pm

you lot are all soft, this is normal weather where i'm from ;-)

Adam R

Post by Adam R » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:20 pm

Dont be mard,

Ive been running 16mm in a waterlogged, muddy field at the 1000 engine rally, it attracted quite the crowd when everyone was bored at flywheels going round.

Oh and it kept blowing the gas out in the accucraft baldwin! And than that just slipped when the track got a bit damp!

SherpaPhil

Post by SherpaPhil » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:41 pm

it would be nice if it stopped raining in Shrewsbury for a few days so i could get some track down !

Narrow Minded

Post by Narrow Minded » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:45 pm

SherpaPhil:72163 wrote:it would be nice if it stopped raining in Shrewsbury for a few days so i  could get some track down !
you lot are all soft, this is normal weather where i'm from ;-)
:?: Make your mind up! ;) :lol:

DolwyddelanLightRail

Post by DolwyddelanLightRail » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:42 am

laalratty:71835 wrote: I must say that I don't like it much hotter then 22 degrees, and probably prefer things were the weather isn't hot and sunny for weeks on end.... :roll:
I don't like it much hotter than 15 if I'm firing, and 27 was just torture on Earl of Merionydd! at least with a Garret you can get away from the heat more

MDLR

Post by MDLR » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:58 pm

DolwyddelanLightRail:72174 wrote:I don't like it much hotter than 15 if I'm firing, and 27 was just torture on Earl of Merionydd! at least with a Garret you can get away from the heat more
Do they still have tthe "swing out" seats in the cab doorways, or did Health & Safety insist on their removal?

User avatar
TonyW
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1357
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: North Wales
Contact:

Post by TonyW » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:32 pm

MDLR:72184 wrote:Do they still have tthe "swing out" seats in the cab doorways, or did Health & Safety insist on their removal?
No, and no. They would not fit through the old bridges.
Tony Willmore
Rhos Helyg Locomotive Works: http://www.rhoshelyg.me.uk
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RhosHelygLocoWorks

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests