York Model Engineers 22nd January

If you would like to share some of your garden railway photographs or photos of prototypes which might inspire members, then please post them in here
Post Reply
User avatar
Steven.T
Fireman
Fireman
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:56 pm
Location: Stockton

York Model Engineers 22nd January

Post by Steven.T » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:18 pm

Another busy today at the York Model Engineers garden railway, quite a selection of steam locomotives running, lady Anne, Katie, Dewinton(?) and quite a selection of battery Locos aswell!

I haven't got many photos of everything, a few of my George loco, I'm sure William will have plenty more!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Cheers,
Steven

User avatar
williamfj
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver
Posts: 605
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:20 pm
Location: York

Post by williamfj » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:02 pm

Afraid not. Camera batteries were playing up and I was too busy trying to drive Offler & River Ankh at the same time! :oops:
The high winds caused some trouble at times during the day, coaches were blown over & 1 coach & 1 wagon were blown clean off, guess who's those were! :roll:

Image
Image
No.9 is easily repaired, No.36 less so. The other bomb was my guards van but that survived intact.
This loco started life as a Roundhouse Fowler.
Image

Image
A Peter Angus main line De Winton
Image
Steven's George, a very nice loco.
Image

Image

User avatar
Steven.T
Fireman
Fireman
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:56 pm
Location: Stockton

Post by Steven.T » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:11 pm

Do you mind if I use your photo of my George as my profile pic?

I couldn't get a pic that good :lol:

TommyDodd

Post by TommyDodd » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:19 pm

The Roundhouse not-a-fowler, was that a mod by the owner or is that a genuine Brandbright "Liberty Belle"? It and the India-inspired "Bangalore Belle" haunted the BB catalogue for years, but I'd always assumed that like "Adnams" none were ever produced.

User avatar
williamfj
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver
Posts: 605
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:20 pm
Location: York

Post by williamfj » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:22 pm

Steve: Feel free to use the photo
Tommy: I'm not sure I think that it was modified by it's owner.

DolwyddelanLightRail

Post by DolwyddelanLightRail » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:00 pm

I've always been meaning to join up there, but I've been going to Butterley so often I've been forgetting :lol:

User avatar
Steven.T
Fireman
Fireman
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:56 pm
Location: Stockton

Post by Steven.T » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:19 pm

Quick word of warning if you do join, the trackbed is made of wood, I don't know if it's flame proof :lol: ;)

DolwyddelanLightRail

Post by DolwyddelanLightRail » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:07 pm

The reputation I have these days :lol: Who says I would bring Britomart with me? :lol:

User avatar
dougrail
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1535
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:11 pm
Location: Salopia; on the edge of Arcadia

Post by dougrail » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:10 pm

Yes, that rep :P

You should repaint the engine gold and red-trim and call it 'HeatMan'! :P

MuzTrem

Re: York Model Engineers 22nd January

Post by MuzTrem » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:25 pm

ste234:65299 wrote:Dewinton(?)
Image
Yes - one of the very early Penrhyn locos unless I'm much mistaken. Vertical boiler and horizontal cylinders, something a bit different! Since quite a few new-build VBs have appeared in recent years, is it too much to hope that we might see a replica one day? :P

DolwyddelanLightRail

Re: York Model Engineers 22nd January

Post by DolwyddelanLightRail » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:28 pm

MuzTrem:65377 wrote:
Yes - one of the very early Penrhyn locos unless I'm much mistaken. Vertical boiler and horizontal cylinders, something a bit different! Since quite a few new-build VBs have appeared in recent years, is it too much to hope that we might see a replica one day? :P
Probably, what what I could tell they weren't that successful!

spooner

Post by spooner » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:34 pm

From wot I read the thinking now it not a Penrhyn engine.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 60 guests