Guess What..... - SHR's Accucraft Baguley Drewery

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
SillyBilly

Guess What..... - SHR's Accucraft Baguley Drewery

Post by SillyBilly » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:36 pm

Guess what turned up in the post this morning for the Seibiant Hill Railway?

Pete & Andy are not permitted to guess!
Last edited by SillyBilly on Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ACLR

Post by ACLR » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:38 pm

dont know mate what ??????

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:48 pm

Hm, I'm guessing the latest edition of Garden Rail, as that is what came in my post this money.

I liked the article on the 7/8 scale Edrig. Or should that be Baldrig.

made-in-england
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver
Posts: 826
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by made-in-england » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:31 pm

Accucraft Baugley ;)
Passengers are reminded not to tease the engines

SillyBilly

Post by SillyBilly » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:12 pm

Spoil Sport! Meh, the guessing game didn't do to well! Ran it on the shop railway at the WHR (P) today in due course it shall be fitted with battery power, R/C and Sound.
Image
Top straight of the shop
Image
Stopped at Snowdon Ranger, actually a model of the L&B's 'Woody Bay'

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4336
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Shropshire, England

Post by mhlr » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:17 pm

WOW!!! Awesome! Run good?!
Image

ACLR

Post by ACLR » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:48 pm

looks great william great addition :D

laalratty

Post by laalratty » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:05 pm

Oooh, is that going to be battery fitted when I come down at the begining of August? :D :D
Great one SB they are really good engines and great for modifying

SillyBilly

Post by SillyBilly » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:17 pm

laalratty wrote:Oooh, is that going to be battery fitted when I come down at the begining of August? :D  :D
Yes, shame I've mucked up on those holiday dates, very dissapointed in myself.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:28 pm

I suspect that you've got one from the last batch before they stop production.

Nice loco. Are you going to convert it yourself, or are you going to let ptlrcecil do it?

MuzTrem

Post by MuzTrem » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:55 pm

Great stuff 8) The stock it is pulling looks good to - any chance of some more info?

SillyBilly

Post by SillyBilly » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm

I'm too tight, shall be converting myself.
MuzTrem wrote:The stock it is pulling looks good to - any chance of some more info?
Thanks, the Pickering (red coach) is scratchbuilt on Brandbright bogies and was purchased off eBay by a WHR (P) volunteer, the open wagon is a modified hartland one from my fleet (re-gaugable) & the brown brakevan is a model of the Vale of Rheidol one that operates on the rear of our trains.

Image
Here it is on the ballast trial stretch.

MuzTrem

Post by MuzTrem » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:41 pm

Thanks for the info, and another nice pic :D

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:45 pm

Like the ballast.

SillyBilly

Post by SillyBilly » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:16 pm

I've had a go at modding the external apearence of the Baguley, I was going to have wasp stripes, but it was deemed too complicated. Sometime in the future it will be fitted with lights, frames painted black, control panel and possibly INA lettering, then some light preserved railway weathering.
Image
Image
Rather nice plate from Alan2525
Image

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:50 am

Wow, looks great!

DLRdan

Post by DLRdan » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:27 am

Too complicated ? whats wrong with cutting strips of black insulating tape and then applying over the yellow

SillyBilly

Post by SillyBilly » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:11 pm

Because of the angles involved, I may well change It someday, but I like it just yellow, makes it different, though probably as Matt says a bit marmite.

ACLR

Post by ACLR » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:39 pm

looking good mate :D

SLRmidge

Post by SLRmidge » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:09 pm

SillyBilly wrote:I like it just yellow, makes it different.
Surely it makes it look more like Laalratty's banana van :lol:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 33 guests