On-board battery charging

Do you have a problem? Here is the place to appeal for help
Post Reply
User avatar
tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver
Posts: 4824
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:08 am
Location: Kent, UK
Contact:

On-board battery charging

Post by tom_tom_go » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:08 pm

Hi,

On a live steam loco where the battery is only used to control servo's can I simply add an additional socket on the wires that link the battery to the receiver so that I may charge a battery pack?

Cheers!

Tom

User avatar
-steves-
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2473
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Cambridge & Peterborough

Post by -steves- » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:00 pm

You can, but you are better off with a charge lead switch harness which will only allow connection to charging when the switch is in the off position. I think this is what you mean?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FUTABA-STYLE- ... 58914577ae

User avatar
tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver
Posts: 4824
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:08 am
Location: Kent, UK
Contact:

Post by tom_tom_go » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:27 pm

Thanks Steve that's exactly what I need although I found it cheaper here:

http://www.component-shop.co.uk/html/sw ... rness.html

Cheers,

Tom

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests