Joys of Life, Old Photos!

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
Post Reply
Merddin Emrys

Joys of Life, Old Photos!

Post by Merddin Emrys » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:57 pm

Many years ago we used to visit the Joys of Life in Bethesda quite regularly and I've just found these old photos from 18 / 20 ? years ago, that's me driving 'Faith' :oops: :lol: The 16mm line being built , I think it's a Friog engine and its called 'KNIGHT' Its amazing what you find when you're sorting stuff out for a housemove! I'm not sure when I last visited JoL, must be about 1991!
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

MDLR

Post by MDLR » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:07 pm

That battery loco's definitely a Friog - I seem to recall it did a full 8 hours running each day with an overnight charge.................

MoelygestLR

Post by MoelygestLR » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:34 pm

What a difference it is now!

And its getting better and better may i add. The trackwork is almost as good as it must have been when it was initially laid.

You must come back for a visit some time soon. i'm sure if you ask Will nicely he can fill you in on some of the next running days and the main open day/gala

SillyBilly

Post by SillyBilly » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:35 pm

Thanks for those, it's great to see more old photos of the place.

kes

Post by kes » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:58 am

lovely.....thank you... is on my hitlist of places to visit, looking forward to seeing it

DolwyddelanLightRail

Post by DolwyddelanLightRail » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:55 pm

I passed it the other day! and i wasn't actually expecting to see it at all! :D It is such a nice little line, from what i could see of it anyway! :lol:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests