Show me your guards vans..

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
Sir haydn

Show me your guards vans..

Post by Sir haydn » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:47 pm

I'll start
Image
Image
Image

laalratty

Post by laalratty » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:57 pm

I'm not going to bother trying to follow that, especially since my main goods guards van is a bog standard IP engineering one, although it was my first ever kit built piece of stock.
That guards van however is absolutely brilliant :D

Merddin Emrys

Post by Merddin Emrys » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:26 pm

Tremendous ! is it set in 1939 (going by the newspaper)? That interior looks so real!

Sir haydn

Post by Sir haydn » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:36 pm

It was the oldest edition of a welsh news paper i could find. lol.
The idea was for you lot to show me your guards vans. next time I'll wait to show my offering :p

METHSSNIFFER

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:57 pm

Taf the guardsman in his guards van !
Image

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4336
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Shropshire, England

Post by mhlr » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:59 pm

Image

One of mine is there, on the rear of the train obviously.
I also have a converted, weathered LGB one,

Image

a small scratch build one (my first attempt at weathering, and since the pic, the floor's been stained), and dad has a Accucraft L&B bogie one. I quite fancy an IP MoD one for my 4w grey wagons.
Image

MoelygestLR

Post by MoelygestLR » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:38 pm

I have an IP MOD one and again it's bog standard so no point in showing! Also have an FR one (the one that no longer exists) and have an FR balcony brake to be built

User avatar
90733
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1955
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: West Yorkshire
Contact:

Post by 90733 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:55 pm

I have an IP engineering one. Ezee Range. Only mod is the instalstion of a working tail light.

PCLR

Post by PCLR » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:58 pm

i just have a bog standed GRS kit one

Hancockshire

Post by Hancockshire » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:47 pm

I've got a bog standard Ip one

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:59 pm

Image
My plucky little gurads van, still undergoing repairs having been knocked over by the dreaded millie and daisy cats.
Image
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

Narrow Minded

Post by Narrow Minded » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:39 pm

:roll:
Last edited by Narrow Minded on Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sir haydn

Post by Sir haydn » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:51 pm

plug plug plug plug plug plug plug

minimans

Post by minimans » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:53 pm

Well here's mine it's the only one I have!

Image

DolwyddelanLightRail

Post by DolwyddelanLightRail » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:08 pm

minimans wrote:Well here's mine it's the only one I have!

Image
Is that actually 45 or 32mm???

As it looks very OO/HO gauge, or is it just the photo?

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4336
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Shropshire, England

Post by mhlr » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:28 pm

Gauge 1 on a G scale line Mr. May ;)
Image

DolwyddelanLightRail

Post by DolwyddelanLightRail » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:31 am

mhlr wrote:Gauge 1 on a G scale line Mr. May  ;)
¬.¬ :roll: :lol: :lol:

minimans

Post by minimans » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:57 am

DolwyddelanLightRail wrote:
minimans wrote:Well here's mine it's the only one I have!

Image
Is that actually 45 or 32mm???

As it looks very OO/HO gauge, or is it just the photo?
Rule 8 is my creed!! yes as he said Gauge 1 on my lgb outdoor layout I have one loco and a few waggons to pull....................
Image

Bill/Rubery

Post by Bill/Rubery » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:32 pm

Hello, You want pictures of brake wagons? Here is mine, I had a normal looking van but it looked too common place so I sawed it in half and made it extra differant! Observe the sprag brake on the van end and the relaxed posture of the brake man....the scale is 7/8".
Image

User avatar
tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver
Posts: 4824
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:08 am
Location: Kent, UK
Contact:

Post by tom_tom_go » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:13 am

Here is my first guard's van (and 16mm kit) I ever built:

Image

It's an IP kit although I have done a fair few mods and kitted the interior out. I also built a new chassis as it does not come with metal axle boxes.

The lights works as I put a LED in it and it uses a CMOS battery under the van to power it.

Cheers,

Tom

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 48 guests