Festiniog Flying Bench

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
METHSSNIFFER

Festiniog Flying Bench

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:06 am

I thought I would have a go at the Flying bench so I have made a start as you can see. I would like this to finish up like the recently refurbished one on the FR complete with canopy and I think I am now progressing towards recreating the 1870s set so will be looking to model the curly roof van and coach 15 in the coming months. What a challenge!!
[
Last edited by METHSSNIFFER on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:19 pm

Cooor! Looks like you'll have made the whole of the ffestiniog railway stock list within the year!
Bet you're feeling quite SS with all the hrs you've been having QT building these!
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

METHSSNIFFER

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:24 pm

Thats the idea !! Though it may take more QT to achieve it. But I think it will be worth it dont you think.

SillyBilly

Post by SillyBilly » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:30 pm

[quote="Mr. Bond of the DVLR"]Cooor! Looks like you'll have made the whole of the ffestiniog railway stock list within the year!/quote]
You clearly don't realise how many coaches the FR have then!

METHSSNIFFER

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:44 pm

Theres a few I believe though Im only interested in modelling the old stock.  Festpedia keeps me informed Hows the porthole coach doing does anyone know if its finished!! Send Mr Lewin my best wishes!

SillyBilly

Post by SillyBilly » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:47 pm

Porthole bugbox is progressing well, hopefully should be finished at some point this year if all goes to plan.

METHSSNIFFER

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:50 pm

I saw it last September when I was there should be good to see it nearly finished when I come over in March. Are you full time with the FR ! What are the duties of a trainee fireman!

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:30 am

Will, it was a little joke!
Of cource no one could build all the stock in a year! Theres so bloody much of it!
How many bogei carraiges are there out of interest. Must be nearly 30 prehaps??
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

METHSSNIFFER

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:26 am

[Here four only twenty six to go then!
Last edited by METHSSNIFFER on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

ptlrcecil

Post by ptlrcecil » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:04 am

Better get stuck in then. The bench seat looks good

laalratty

Post by laalratty » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:05 pm

METHSSNIFFER wrote:Image

Here four only twenty six to go then!
This photo is making me seriusly drool! What brilliant coaches, any chance of some more pics

METHSSNIFFER

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:59 pm

Let me finish em off first then I will put some pics up of them. Theres some work to do on them yet until Im satisfied as not yet reached the SS value. I have a coach 19 in progress as well as coach 15 so I am reaching my target!!  
[
Last edited by METHSSNIFFER on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:02 pm

yeah brilliant, what is your main building material and meathod of cutting out?
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

METHSSNIFFER

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:04 pm

Kitchen units Mdf and a sharp knife and a blistered forefinger!!

MoelygestLR

Post by MoelygestLR » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:04 pm

see ratty your coaches need red ends!

METHSSNIFFER

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:11 pm

The bench near completion just prep to do for paint job and I need to fabricate axle cover access plates  
[
Last edited by METHSSNIFFER on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

LMS-Jools

Post by LMS-Jools » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:15 pm

Lovely.

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:14 pm

Boodiful
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

METHSSNIFFER

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:36 pm

The flying bench is now having its aprons fitted and I am looking for a suitable material for the canopy. What I want is a canvas material finely woven.

taliesin001

Post by taliesin001 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:36 pm

Looking forward to seeing the completed model, especially with the aprons :D

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 50 guests