Peter Longfils has produced an excellent guide to his build of a modified Wickham, which has provided inspiration for my build - http://www.rvlr.photos.gb.com/c1482682.html
I am going to build a rolling chassis from old plastic CD cases, which will have the battery box and a 3-way toggle switch (should look like a gear lever coming up through the centre consul) permanently fitted. As the body work will then just sit on top of this chassis, I need to get it built first as it will affect what holes need cutting in the Trolley floor which is actually the first item on the provided building instruction sheets.
I visited a local Pound shop to get a pack of cheap modelling knives, multi purpose glue & a black marker pen. At a local craft shop I got some plasti-kote Polyurethane varnish & a neat folding steel rule which has a cork backing to stop it sliding whilst marking, cutting, etc. Unfortunately I had not realised that the spray can did not have the nozzle fitted (kept behind counter to stop them being stolen for whatever reason) so I need to go back and get one of these, and I'll see if I can get some eyelets to use as axle bearings at the same time.
The black marker pen is too fluid like and bleeds through onto the printed side of the cardboard sheets. Here is the Trolley floor (if you look closely around the edges you will see the black marker bleed through) and one of the ends on which I've just cut out one of the windows, using a file to shape the curved corners.

I am hoping to build this kit whilst working in Aberdeen, and will hopefully be able to post a photo diary of progress here. I intend fitting a drivers chair (not part of the kit) and I already have a Modeltown driver figure waiting for his duties. I'd like to fit some sort of coupling so that I could use a trailer with this Wickham as well.






