Garden Rail editor?

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
Post Reply
PeachBottom

Garden Rail editor?

Post by PeachBottom » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:21 pm

I know Tag has stepped down (is stepping down?), but the website still lists Tag as editor...who is the new editor and how do I contact him? I'm finally getting over my fear and want to send in an article for possible publication!

taliesin
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman
Posts: 152
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:46 pm
Location: cambridge

Post by taliesin » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:29 pm

Hi, the new Editor is Michael Watts, email michael.watts01@btinternet.com, however i think you can email Tag at his usual email address and Michael is linked into it, for the next couple of months or so. The latest issue, 213 is very good, i suspect Tag had quite a lot of input and is assisting Michael bed in. cheers Rob

PeachBottom

Post by PeachBottom » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:28 pm

Thanks! I had talked to Tag AGES ago about writing an article, so hopefully it will still be wanted! :D

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:42 pm

Michael Watts?

He's the guy who gave me a free mamod set about 6 years ago. Never met him face to face, he sent it via Tag.

Narrow Minded

Post by Narrow Minded » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:19 am

All the info for submitting articles (where, how, format, photo's) etc are in the mag - along with Michael's editorial (and Tag's review section), and yes, this months is a great issue.

A word of warning though - don't do as I did and get "all nostalgic" over the recent change of editor and start looking through your pile of back issues - or if you do, DON'T look at the advertisements (especially the old prices!!) :roll:

GardenRail

Post by GardenRail » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:39 pm

PeachBottom:69976 wrote:Thanks! I had talked to Tag AGES ago about writing an article, so hopefully it will still be wanted! :D
Certainly will.....

PeachBottom

Post by PeachBottom » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:15 pm

Thanks Tag! Just have to finish it up and I will send it along!

PeachBottom

Post by PeachBottom » Sat May 19, 2012 3:04 pm

Does anyone know what the photo requirements are for submission? DPI, size, megapixels, etc?

robbieg96

Post by robbieg96 » Sat May 19, 2012 7:52 pm

From the submission notes-

Picture size should be greater than 300kB and, ideally, bigger than 3000 x 2000pixels.

Hope that helps!

-Rob

PeachBottom

Post by PeachBottom » Mon May 21, 2012 12:46 pm

Thanks. A friend wants to submit photos taken with his iphone and I said I didn't think they'd be of good enough quality....

Catweasel

Garden Rail

Post by Catweasel » Mon May 21, 2012 4:53 pm

Bit tongue in cheek really,and no disrespect to Tag for a superb mag., but my name for it was "Tag's Rag". Now what'll I call it?

GardenRail

Re: Garden Rail

Post by GardenRail » Thu May 24, 2012 7:31 am

Catweasel:71060 wrote:Bit tongue in cheek really,and no disrespect to Tag for a superb mag., but my name for it was "Tag's Rag". Now what'll I call it?
Indeed :-) The name does not easily fit does it. I have heard 'Tags rag' several times – also GortonRail... Not my baby any more however – although I am obviously still very much involved.... 300k I would have thought far too small for anything but a small and simple pic. I always suggest 1meg min and I think you will find there will be a change in the submission notes. Human nature you see. If it is 300k min then people will send in pics of 200k. A telephone camera can often supply quite large picture files and my original 2megapixel camera could do files of over one meg if set to best quality – so shouldn't be an issue. If writing an 'eye candy' type photographic article then I would always go for the highest quality and file size that one's camera can do...

pauly
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1989
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: rail construction companies

Post by pauly » Sat May 26, 2012 5:30 am

tgsgroup:71222 wrote:Nice post in which we are learn a lot of career in the rail construction companies and the maintenance.Many of the people got there future in this field .This site maintained very smoothly and very fashionable .Thanks for sharing this   information with us .In which learn a lot of knowledgeable information .
nothing quite like broken English spam!
A steam propelled life-style.

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Sat May 26, 2012 10:36 am

-sigh-we've been getting alot recently,... give me a minuit...
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests