Today the sun shone on the N.W.N.G.R

If you would like to share some of your garden railway photographs or photos of prototypes which might inspire members, then please post them in here
INJIN

Today the sun shone on the N.W.N.G.R

Post by INJIN » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:32 pm

Had my N.W.N.G.R train out today after fitting "new" bogies. Amazingly the sun shone!
Image


Image

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:48 pm

Beautiful.

User avatar
Steven.T
Fireman
Fireman
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:56 pm
Location: Stockton

Post by Steven.T » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:49 pm

Brilliant photos, I love the second one!

taliesin001

Post by taliesin001 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:49 pm

Very nice. Its interesting that I can now make that exact train up in 1930's era! would make an interesting comparison

TommyDodd

Post by TommyDodd » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:09 am

Smart train, and the railway's pretty nifty too. I particularly like the planting at the trackside.

User avatar
Sir Clothem Cap
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1708
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:45 pm
Location: Hampshire
Contact:

Post by Sir Clothem Cap » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:21 am

I agree enev the plants are in the right livery

Red Rock

Post by Red Rock » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:36 am

That's a lovely set of coaches and the loco (Russell?) is simply superb, who did the lining on it?

INJIN

Post by INJIN » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:05 pm

The lining out was done by Geoff Munday in the 1990's. The loco incidentally was built by Paul Millington from scratch & pre dates the Roudhouse version by a couple of years.



Image

Taliesin, It would be interesting if you posted your 1930's version as a comparison.

Red Rock

Post by Red Rock » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:13 pm

INJIN:69638 wrote:The lining out was done by Geoff Munday in the 1990's. The loco incidentally was built by Paul Millington from scratch & pre dates the Roudhouse version by a couple of years.



Image

Taliesin, It would be interesting if you posted your 1930's version as a comparison.
Thanks for the information and photo. I bought a Roundhouse Russell back in December from TrackShack and I'm thinking about getting her lined. I definitely improves the appearance in my opinion. Food for thought, thanks again.
Image

INJIN

Post by INJIN » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:17 pm

Diferent train, same place, another sunny day.............the second one this week!!


Image



Image

Stewart Gethin

Post by Stewart Gethin » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:24 pm

Love the VoR train, if i ever do get into these smaller scales, then I would like to own a train from the VoR, seeing how local it is to me. Shame they aren't produced by Roundhouse(?) anymore :'(.

Stew

MuzTrem

Post by MuzTrem » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:55 am

Red Rock:69641 wrote:Thanks for the information and photo. I bought a Roundhouse Russell back in December from TrackShack and I'm thinking about getting her lined. I definitely improves the appearance in my opinion.
If you don't want to go to the expense of a full lining job, you can improve the appearance significantly just by picking out the tank tops and other details in black. See what I did to my own "Russell":
http://www.freewebs.com/mvr/stock.htm

Red Rock

Post by Red Rock » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:00 am

MuzTrem:69673 wrote:
Red Rock:69641 wrote:Thanks for the information and photo. I bought a Roundhouse Russell back in December from TrackShack and I'm thinking about getting her lined. I definitely improves the appearance in my opinion.
If you don't want to go to the expense of a full lining job, you can improve the appearance significantly just by picking out the tank tops and other details in black. See what I did to my own "Russell":
http://www.freewebs.com/mvr/stock.htm
Thanks for the information, a definite improvement and something I could do myself perhaps....watch this space...!

INJIN

Post by INJIN » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:56 pm

No sun today, so here's one I took earlier............


Image

Endless, Nameless

Post by Endless, Nameless » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:53 pm

Cracking selection of photos. The VoR train wins my affections though.

INJIN

Post by INJIN » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:00 am

Another of the VOR train.


Image

Endless, Nameless

Post by Endless, Nameless » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:54 am

Lovely- thankyou :)

INJIN

Post by INJIN » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:18 pm

60's F.R. Train


Image

INJIN

Post by INJIN » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:25 pm

More Ffestiniog...........


Image


Image

MuzTrem

Post by MuzTrem » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:30 pm

I love that model of Prince :) And I'd love to see the full-size version in green again!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests