Penhryn Quarry Railway

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
Post Reply
User avatar
williamfj
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver
Posts: 605
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:20 pm
Location: York

Penhryn Quarry Railway

Post by williamfj » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:12 pm

A modellers guide on the Penrhyn Quarry Railway will be coming to 16mm association members soon apparently, glad I recently joined!
http://www.16mm.org.uk/newsite/publications/PQR.html

KVSRmanager

Post by KVSRmanager » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:25 pm

Purchased a membership online, not sure what happens next i take it i get a form to fill in ?

User avatar
williamfj
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver
Posts: 605
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:20 pm
Location: York

Post by williamfj » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:15 pm

If you purchased it through paypal you shouldn't, I went through paypal and in 2/3 days I got a copy of the handbook, a letter welcoming me to the 16mm association, my card and a letter about 16mm modelling on the internet. I'll be obsessively checking the mailbox for the next X many days! :lol:

Catweasel

Penrhyn Quarry Railway

Post by Catweasel » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:48 pm

Likewise. I recently re-instated my membership. My breath is bated.

KVSRmanager

Post by KVSRmanager » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:24 pm

I did purchase it through paypal though not with account in my namethat could be a problem .....

Spule 4

Post by Spule 4 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:28 am

After many years of sitting on "the fence", I finally joined.

Got a confirmation e-mail (with a password for the DVD for security reasons?) shortly after the PayPal payment.


Then a few days later a nice package arrived in my mailbox here in the USA including the modelling Handbook, a card, a letter, and a DVD.

The DVD has some great footage, I have not finished it yet, and the Handbook is really well done. There is a membership list (what the password is for) on the DVD as well.

If the rest of their materials are as well done as these, I see continuing membership. I cannot say that for a few other magazines/groups I have belonged to.

Sir haydn

Post by Sir haydn » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:43 am

Your SMT should arrive within 7 days with the DVD and about a week after the penrhyn mag with the bullentin should fall through your door.

Catweasel

Penrhyn Quarry

Post by Catweasel » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:33 am

Thank you for info. I'll look out for it.

Spule 4

Post by Spule 4 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:59 am

Sir haydn:66497 wrote:Your SMT should arrive within 7 days with the DVD and about a week after the penrhyn mag with the bullentin should fall through your door.
So has the Penrhyn issue started shipping already? I ask as we are always a bit behind with mail lag in The Colonies! :P

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests