If you would like to share some of your garden railway photographs or photos of prototypes which might inspire members, then please post them in here
-
MDLR
Post
by MDLR » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:28 pm
Thank you!
Don't worry Laalratty - I'm going to make a box to send it up to you in - I've got your address from our exchange of PM's.
-
kes
Post
by kes » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:24 pm
What a lovely story, wish I'd seen it at the show - great to see pics. If it finds itself in the Compton Down area whilst it's over here would be proud to Phurcombe Haul it - I did meet Jack whilst in my teens when he & Dad met up for a steam up but sadly don't remember much about it now

-
Narrow Minded
Post
by Narrow Minded » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:48 pm
Thanks for the great pics Brian - that must have kept you busy, no wonder I didn't get to chat at the show!

-
MDLR
Post
by MDLR » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:17 pm
Narrow Minded wrote:Thanks for the great pics Brian - that must have kept you busy, no wonder I didn't get to chat at the show! :D
I got told off for not being on Help & Advice...................
-
Sir haydn
Post
by Sir haydn » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:56 am
-
Narrow Minded
Post
by Narrow Minded » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:11 am
Nice one!
I reckon you should lay another couple of yards of track, stick it behind your Ruston and let it historically the
first train on the Sherwood Oaks
(Now, I'd like to see a photo of
that!)
-
90733
- Driver

- Posts: 1955
- Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm
- Location: West Yorkshire
-
Contact:
Post
by 90733 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:12 am
Narrow Minded wrote:Nice one!
I reckon you should lay another couple of yards of track, stick it behind your Ruston and let it historically the
first train on the Sherwood Oaks
(Now, I'd like to see a photo of
that!)
I agree, that would be cool

:D
Thanks
Jack
-
Sir haydn
Post
by Sir haydn » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:28 am
-
Narrow Minded
Post
by Narrow Minded » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:34 am
The third one is the "keeper" - I'll send it to the Wheldon webmeister titled "First train on the newly laid Sherwood Oaks Light Railway" if you like?!
-
Sir haydn
Post
by Sir haydn » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:40 am
go for it! Will get some at martin smiths today
-
MDLR
Post
by MDLR » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:58 am
Narrow Minded wrote:
The third one is the "keeper" - I'll send it to the Wheldon webmeister titled "First train on the newly laid Sherwood Oaks Light Railway" if you like?!
Too late! It'll be on the Web Site in 5!!
-
laalratty
Post
by laalratty » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:54 pm
The Wheldon Wagon has landed in the North West of England today, although terrible weather meant it has only got out of its (very good and protective) carboard box. It will then make its first NWAG steamup appearance on Tuesday at the 30 year old Coniston Railway
-
MDLR
Post
by MDLR » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:21 pm
Be careful not to lose the coupling pins!
-
Narrow Minded
Post
by Narrow Minded » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:15 am
I'm certainly glad that all of the initial detective work paid off

But a little sad that the wagon couldn't have visited the Westwood & Loscoe before leaving the East Midlands

-
SLRmidge
Post
by SLRmidge » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:05 am
I very much look foward to seeing it.

-
MDLR
Post
by MDLR » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:22 pm
Narrow Minded wrote:I'm certainly glad that all of the initial detective work paid off

But a little sad that the wagon couldn't have visited the Westwood & Loscoe before leaving the East Midlands

You never know................. it might come back!
-
laalratty
Post
by laalratty » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:49 am
Here is the wagon on tour at SLRmidge's Silverdale Light Railway (north)

The wagon with the three things that define the SLR north, overgrown, rubbish trackwork, Bluebottle the railcar and the Killer Bunny!

The SLR 16mm heritage train, Compton Down number 8, Compton down carriage and wagon, Wheldon wagon and a not heritage at all brake van
-
SLRmidge
Post
by SLRmidge » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:00 pm
laalratty wrote:
The wagon with the three things that define the SLR north, overgrown, rubbish trackwork, Bluebottle the railcar and the Killer Bunny!
But surely that's four?
-
MDLR
Post
by MDLR » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:05 pm
Latest update: The Wagon has already run on ywo railways in the northwest - pictures at:
http://www.theoaks.ca/transferwagon6b.html
My thanks to laalratty for the pictures and captions.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 43 guests