Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
-
MDLR
Post
by MDLR » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:04 pm
When I was at Elsecar today, there were only Jack and Shirley on the Brandbright stand.
Having asked, I was told that Richard suffered a heart attack a little time ago. He's had an operation and is on the road to recovery, but it'll be a while before he's doing an awful lot.
I'm sure we all wish him well and a speedy recovery!
-
andysleigh
- Driver

- Posts: 1362
- Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:21 pm
- Location: Guildford
-
Contact:
Post
by andysleigh » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:10 am
At least he is ok.
I wish hima speedy recovery
-
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
- Retired Director

- Posts: 4533
- Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
- Location: Suffolk
-
Contact:
Post
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:15 am
Get well soon Richard!
When you said 'jack and shirley' I wondered what type of loco a 'shirley' was and why they only had two locos on the stand!!

The railway which people forgot
(to build)
-
MoelygestLR
Post
by MoelygestLR » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:37 pm
Mr. Bond of the DVLR wrote:Get well soon Richard!
When you said 'jack and shirley' I wondered what type of loco a 'shirley' was and why they only had two locos on the stand!!
I thought exactly the same!
Hope he makes a full recovery
-
laalratty
Post
by laalratty » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:28 pm
Likewise I hope he gets well soon, I spent a lot of my time at the Elsecar show last year with him on the Brandbright stand trying to find out what was wrong with my dying baguley
-
ptlrcecil
Post
by ptlrcecil » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:00 am
And I have absouloutly no idea who these people are.

-
MDLR
Post
by MDLR » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:33 pm
Oh Cecil, you are so innocent! Brandbright is run by Richard and Shirley Longley - Jack is their graduate son!
The whole family (and helpers) run the stand when Brandbright goes "on the road".
-
ptlrcecil
Post
by ptlrcecil » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:24 pm
-
bungle80a
Post
by bungle80a » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:36 am
ptlrcecil wrote:Innocent! you mistake me for ratty :D :D :D
... or Matt!
If they were ever in a celebrity relationship they'd be known as Matty!
And the Bungle Point Goes to ME!
On a debunglifying note, I hope Richard makes a swift recovery and Brandbright will soon be back to full steam ahead!
-
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
- Retired Director

- Posts: 4533
- Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
- Location: Suffolk
-
Contact:
Post
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:41 am
One antidiundisbungleifying point to you bungle!

The railway which people forgot
(to build)
-
laalratty
Post
by laalratty » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:47 am
bungle80a wrote:ptlrcecil wrote:Innocent! you mistake me for ratty :D :D :D
... or Matt!
If they were ever in a celebrity relationship they'd be known as Matty!
*Shudder*

-
Matt
Post
by Matt » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:38 pm
laalratty wrote:bungle80a wrote:ptlrcecil wrote:Innocent! you mistake me for ratty :D :D :D
... or Matt!
If they were ever in a celebrity relationship they'd be known as Matty!
*Shudder* :puke:
I second that motion.
-
Hancockshire
Post
by Hancockshire » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:39 pm
-
SillyBilly
Post
by SillyBilly » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:33 pm
Hancockshire wrote:bungle80a wrote:And the Bungle Point Goes to ME!
uhm, no. Because what you said just sounded a bit confused, not random. Now I'll have nightmares because of you 
:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:
But Bungle can do what he likes with Bungle points, he is after all the legend behind it.
-
bungle80a
Post
by bungle80a » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:11 pm
Silly Billy wrote:Hancockshire wrote:bungle80a wrote:
And the Bungle Point Goes to ME!
uhm, no. Because what you said just sounded a bit confused, not random. Now I'll have nightmares because of you
But Bungle can do what he likes with Bungle points, he is after all the legend behind it.
Indeed I AM! And me causing people to have nightmares is nothing new!
-
MTA
Post
by MTA » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:19 pm
Anyway, attempting to debunglify this topic...
I asked the lady who was on the Brandbright stand at Merstham today (she wasn't Shirley) how Richard was, and she said that he was taking lots of rest and not doing anything too strenuous. By the sounds of it he should be fit and ready for Kew in November

-
SillyBilly
Post
by SillyBilly » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:31 pm
Good to hear Si.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests