It's not even a Fowler, either.
I'd been after a 16mm "Victory" Decauville for years, and in late 2021, I was lucky enough to nab one on farcebook's Garden Railway Trading Group.
It had belonged to the late Mike Ousby, and was an un-started kit on his work bench when he passed.
However, it was far from the only loco in pieces on his bench.
It's missing many small parts, and several major ones. The boiler is from something else entirely - a much older RH Jack, by the looks of it..
Then there's extras of some parts like coupling rods, smokebox aprons and boiler bands. Mixed in were hex keys, an Accucraft axle and a Billy sandbox.

This is why I keep things separate and organised. But it's no disaster.
Most of the missing bits are standard Roundhouse items. Anything else, I'll just make myself.
Several Decauvilles, including the preserved "Victory" at the Bredgar & Wormshill Light Railway, worked at a number of mills in Queensland.
We have the sister to "Victory", (or "Frenchy" as it was known in Australia) "Lord Lamington" at the Woodford Railway.
Dating from 1897, it's our oldest (and unfortunately in poorest shape) loco. So once again, I have convenient access to the prototype.

I'll begin by dismantling the frames and stripping the atrocious paint job from it. It's full of grit, and chips off like it was never primed..
On the plus side, the loco was supplied with a complete set of Darjeeling cylinders. Roundhouse doesn't sell these separately anymore, so I'm very pleased to see the kit came with these.





