The Charlwood Light Railway (CWLR)

A place for the discussion of garden railways & any garden style/scale portable layouts

Moderators: Big Jim, laalratty

User avatar
Lonsdaler
Fireman
Fireman
Posts: 420
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 9:50 am
Location: North Yorkshire

Re: The Charlwood Light Railway (CWLR)

Post by Lonsdaler » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:40 pm

RobRossington wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:47 am
tom_tom_go wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:32 am
What camera or phone do you use to take pictures?

The new diesel looks good, any videos of it running please?
I’m mostly using my iPhone 7+, which has dual cameras, one wide angle and one telephoto. I find the telephoto is perfect for photos of models and the small size of the phone allows me to get into tight spaces. If I use my cameras then it’s either my Fuji XPro1 and 2 bodies, or my Nikon D810. I think there’s only a couple of Fuji photos in this thread up to now, and no Nikon shots yet.

I haven’t taken any video of it yet, but I am planning to as soon as I have a second per of hands to help with it. Being track powered I have to control it from the Charlwood end which makes videoing difficult.
Not a single photo is showing when I view your post, just an icon of a broken image, and the word image. :scratch:

Edited to add that it's the same with your post of 6th September, but I'm sure it was okay before :scratch: :scratch:
Phil

I am not young enough to know everything anymore...

User avatar
philipy
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1381
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:00 pm
Location: South Northants
Contact:

Re: The Charlwood Light Railway (CWLR)

Post by philipy » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:06 pm

Lonsdaler wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:40 pm

Not a single photo is showing when I view your post, just an icon of a broken image, and the word image. :scratch:

Edited to add that it's the same with your post of 6th September, but I'm sure it was okay before :scratch: :scratch:
I must admit that I've not seen most of the pics in this thread, the two exceptions being the two diesel livery pictures. The others are there but incredibly slow to download one line of each at a time!

User avatar
tom_tom_go
Chairman
Chairman
Posts: 3493
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:08 am
Location: Kent, UK
Contact:

Re: The Charlwood Light Railway (CWLR)

Post by tom_tom_go » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:35 pm

The images are not hosted on the forum server, they are with imgur.com

User avatar
RobRossington
Cleaner
Cleaner
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:57 pm

Re: The Charlwood Light Railway (CWLR)

Post by RobRossington » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:38 pm

Lonsdaler wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:40 pm
RobRossington wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:47 am
tom_tom_go wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:32 am
What camera or phone do you use to take pictures?

The new diesel looks good, any videos of it running please?
I’m mostly using my iPhone 7+, which has dual cameras, one wide angle and one telephoto. I find the telephoto is perfect for photos of models and the small size of the phone allows me to get into tight spaces. If I use my cameras then it’s either my Fuji XPro1 and 2 bodies, or my Nikon D810. I think there’s only a couple of Fuji photos in this thread up to now, and no Nikon shots yet.

I haven’t taken any video of it yet, but I am planning to as soon as I have a second per of hands to help with it. Being track powered I have to control it from the Charlwood end which makes videoing difficult.
Not a single photo is showing when I view your post, just an icon of a broken image, and the word image. :scratch:

Edited to add that it's the same with your post of 6th September, but I'm sure it was okay before :scratch: :scratch:
Hmm. That’s strange. As Tom says, the images are hosted by Imgur, who I’ve only been using since the great photobucket scandal. I’ve not had any issues before!

User avatar
Andrew
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1251
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:33 pm
Location: Bristol, UK
Contact:

Re: The Charlwood Light Railway (CWLR)

Post by Andrew » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:54 pm

Aw, it's a shame folk can't see the pictures, they're excellent!

I've got an end-to-end single line with passing loop set-up too, and I also really like running with two trains, not that I do it very often. There's something very "railway-like" about the business of passing trains...

Your new diesel's looking great, very much at home in your eclectic but effective mix of stock - I love the little clerestory carriage, I once had one of those in 009...

The new station's coming on nicely too, you must be very pleased with how that's turning out...

All the best,

Andrew.

User avatar
RobRossington
Cleaner
Cleaner
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:57 pm

Re: The Charlwood Light Railway (CWLR)

Post by RobRossington » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:19 pm

I think an email to Imgur support might be in order! I’m wondering if the images that are in albums that I have hidden from normal Imgur viewers are the culprits though. I’ve changed the settings on those albums, if somebody could let me know if it has improved the situation I’d be grateful :thumbright:

User avatar
philipy
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1381
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:00 pm
Location: South Northants
Contact:

Re: The Charlwood Light Railway (CWLR)

Post by philipy » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:28 pm

RobRossington wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:19 pm
I’ve changed the settings on those albums, if somebody could let me know if it has improved the situation I’d be grateful :thumbright:
Rob, I can't speak for anyone else, but whatever you've done seems to have fixed things for me at least, thanks, and the pics were worth waiting for, so thanks again.

User avatar
RobRossington
Cleaner
Cleaner
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:57 pm

Re: The Charlwood Light Railway (CWLR)

Post by RobRossington » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:01 am

philipy wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:28 pm
RobRossington wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:19 pm
I’ve changed the settings on those albums, if somebody could let me know if it has improved the situation I’d be grateful :thumbright:
Rob, I can't speak for anyone else, but whatever you've done seems to have fixed things for me at least, thanks, and the pics were worth waiting for, so thanks again.
Good to know, thank you! :)

User avatar
RobRossington
Cleaner
Cleaner
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:57 pm

Re: The Charlwood Light Railway (CWLR)

Post by RobRossington » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:44 am

A short running session with No.1 gave me the opportunity to deploy the new diesel in its primary role as Thunderbird...

The Loco (which I really need to think of a name for!) has been admitted into the section and is on its way to rescue the train....

Image

Coupled up, ready to go;Image

Now unfortunately the rails were a little greasy, so the diesel couldn’t quite manage to drag the whole train back to the shed. It did manage to drag the Loco on its own, and then return for the train. I took some video of the rescue of the train, which I’ll post later.

As always, things didn’t go entirely to plan though....

Image

Oops!

User avatar
IanC
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver
Posts: 594
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:15 am
Location: Nr. Warrington, Cheshire

Re: The Charlwood Light Railway (CWLR)

Post by IanC » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:50 am

The more I see of the diesel, the more I like it. (As a die hard steam man it's a good job none of my OO railway friends read this! :D ). I'm seriously thinking of getting one and seeing if it will convert to 32mm gauge. Has anyone managed to change the gauge before I spend my cash?
Ian

User avatar
RobRossington
Cleaner
Cleaner
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:57 pm

Re: The Charlwood Light Railway (CWLR)

Post by RobRossington » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:42 am

IanC wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:50 am
The more I see of the diesel, the more I like it. (As a die hard steam man it's a good job none of my OO railway friends read this! :D ). I'm seriously thinking of getting one and seeing if it will convert to 32mm gauge. Has anyone managed to change the gauge before I spend my cash?
Yeeesss give in to the dark side.... :mrgreen:

User avatar
IanC
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver
Posts: 594
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:15 am
Location: Nr. Warrington, Cheshire

Re: The Charlwood Light Railway (CWLR)

Post by IanC » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:51 am

RobRossington wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:42 am
IanC wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:50 am
The more I see of the diesel, the more I like it. (As a die hard steam man it's a good job none of my OO railway friends read this! :D ). I'm seriously thinking of getting one and seeing if it will convert to 32mm gauge. Has anyone managed to change the gauge before I spend my cash?
Yeeesss give in to the dark side.... :mrgreen:
:lol: If I submit to a diesel it will only be one. To use as a rescue engine and for running at short notice.
Ian

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests