Bridge Issue.

A place for the discussion of garden railways and any garden style/scale portable and/or indoor layouts
Tony Bird
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Bridge Issue.

Post by Tony Bird » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:52 am

Hi,

I have been checking out our Rhydypenderyn layout for its next exhibition at Llanfair which is at the beginning of September. The usual jobs; track cleaning and checking every thing works. A bit of an issue with the bridge my latest locomotive which is a Roundhouse 'Bertie' which I have had for years and never quite liked won't go under it! I assembled a Swift Sixteen etched tram body kit to replace its original body. It is the first etched kit I have made and with over a 100 parts took some time and a lot of solder to put it together. Still I like the result and the engine will get a lot more use.

Altering the bridge was straight forward just a couple of blocks of wood which my wife painted as she does the rest of the scenery. The snag was that the bridge is transported in a box which did not allow much of an increase in height, so a compromise was reached the bridge was raised about 1/2" which allowed it to still fit in the box and a similar amount was taken off the height of the tram's chimney.

Now it just clears!

Regards Tony.

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:03 pm

Oh yes.... that is close!
I look forward to seeing it at Llanfair.
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?