There's always a critic!

If you would like to share some of your garden railway photographs or photos of prototypes which might inspire members, then please post them in here
ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

There's always a critic!

Post by ge_rik » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:54 pm

Great day for an operating session today - with an uninvited visitor.

I have two robins which share my garden - a smartly turned out one and this one - which I call 'Scruff'

I think he's a reincarnated train-spotter. He always seems to turn up when I ignore the rule book!

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

Gralyn
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Gralyn » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:22 am

What great pictures. The Robin certainly looks as if he is in control of the railway and wants everyone to know it.
Regards Graham.

Keith S
Driver
Driver

Post by Keith S » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:43 pm

When I was a boy I had a budgerigar who liked to ride on my OO trains. Birds are quite clever and unlike many animals, they seem to have spare time to devote to fooling around and exploring. Your little friend certainly could benefit from some time fettling his feathers!

andymctractor
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Re: There's always a critic!

Post by andymctractor » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:37 am

ge_rik:111798 wrote:Great day for an operating session today - with an uninvited visitor.
Perhaps he 'Tweeted' his friends and told them about your railway. :oops:
Regards
Andy McMahon

If it moves, salute it.  If it doesn't move, paint it. (RN sailors basic skills course 1968)

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:54 am

andymctractor:111827 wrote: Perhaps he 'Tweeted' his friends and told them about your railway.   :oops:

:lol:  :lol:

Rik
------------------------

mightymax
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by mightymax » Mon May 16, 2016 8:57 am

Hi Rik, I see these are old pictures, but how did you create the blackened ballasted yard look ballast around your track? I'd like to create something myself for future engine shed area. Thanks.

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Mon May 16, 2016 9:56 am

mightymax:118084 wrote:Hi Rik, I see these are old pictures, but how did you create the blackened ballasted yard look ballast around your track? I'd like to create something myself for future engine shed area. Thanks.
Hi
It's a combination of all sorts of material - coal dust, budgie grit, fish tank gravel, sand and soil - and then given a light wash of cement dye - see http://riksrailway.blogspot.co.uk/2015/ ... crete.html

Rik
------------------------

mightymax
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by mightymax » Mon May 16, 2016 8:38 pm

ge_rik:118087 wrote:
mightymax:118084 wrote:Hi Rik, I see these are old pictures, but how did you create the blackened ballasted yard look ballast around your track? I'd like to create something myself for future engine shed area. Thanks.
Hi
It's a combination of all sorts of material - coal dust, budgie grit, fish tank gravel, sand and soil - and then given a light wash of cement dye - see http://riksrailway.blogspot.co.uk/2015/ ... crete.html

Rik
brilliant thanks Rik . I've followed your blog spot a lot on the building of your railway, and I must say its given me a lot of inspiration , and use it a lot when stuck on certain aspects of modelling , so thankyou for put up so much info.

Crayfish
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Crayfish » Tue May 17, 2016 11:14 am

mightymax:118110 wrote:brilliant thanks Rik . I've followed your blog spot a lot on the building of your railway, and I must say its given me a lot of inspiration , and use it a lot when stuck on certain aspects of modelling , so thankyou for put up so much info.
Seconded, your web site, blog and posts here are an excellent resource, thank you for the generous work you put into them. I always pay attention when I see the word "Peckforton" as I know there will be some good content.

stoker
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by stoker » Fri May 20, 2016 12:27 pm

ge_rik:111798 wrote: Image

Rik
My late mum would have discribed this fellow as a 'juvenile' robin!

Well photo'd,BTW!

:D
youth is wasted on the young...

IrishPeter
Driver
Driver

Post by IrishPeter » Mon May 23, 2016 2:55 am

Perhaps a juvenile delinquent

I get my cap....

Peter in AZ
Traffic Pattern? What pattern? Spuds out; grain in, but cattle, sheep and passengers are a lot less predictable.