Show us your roundhouse kit builds!

If you would like to share some of your garden railway photographs or photos of prototypes which might inspire members, then please post them in here
Joe
Fireman
Fireman

Show us your roundhouse kit builds!

Post by Joe » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:05 pm

Looking for some inspiration would like to see some pics of locos you've build using the roundhouse classic kits.
cheers
Joe
Steam is highly under rated

Big Jim

Post by Big Jim » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:15 pm

This is Ol' Bill
A kit built R/H Billy, not built by me but I did have to tighten almost every thing on it before it ran, sort out the valve timing and straighten a valve spindle. It runs fine now but needs finishing and a repaint. It might be a good example of how not to build a R/H kit.

ImageDSC_0187 by bigjimiflash, on Flickr[/img]
If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer!

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:25 pm

........ and this is my 'Billy' now renamed 'Lady Andrea'.
She has cast brass springs, cylinder and buffer beam overlays, replacement gas control lever, painting, transfer lining and RC.

The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

TonyW
Driver
Driver

Post by TonyW » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:23 pm

I acquired a pair of cylinders, a meths burner and a pot boiler at the end of 1988, and so decided to do something with them. A Lady Anne body kit came my way in exchange for a load of unwanted OO gauge stuff, and a chassis kit came direct from Roundhouse. The loco first ran in 1989, and has been a consistent performer ever since.
Tony Willmore
Rhos Helyg Locomotive Works: http://www.rhoshelyg.me.uk
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RhosHelygLocoWorks

Keith S
Driver
Driver

Post by Keith S » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:47 pm

Here's mine. It has a lot of "loco works" details on it as well as a whistle and a summerlands chuffer inside. Sorry about the photograph, it's the only one I could find on my new computer.

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:53 pm

Here's my part built Billy kit running on the 16mm NGM West of Scotland Group's 'Glendreich' portable layout earlier this month.

I bought this kit (already part built) off a fellow Group member for a great price, and it will eventually be converted to a Riverdale Elke coal fired locomotive. It has a custom made replacement chimney. Personally I think they could provide/label up a few more diagrams for the valve gearing in the chassis kit instructions. This kit is a 2004 version, although the current instructions on the Roundhouse website are slightly better with the colour diagrams.

Chris Cairns