The Backyard & Southern Railroad (BS RR)

A place for the discussion of garden railways and any garden style/scale portable and/or indoor layouts
Andrew

Post by Andrew » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:24 pm

Dwayne:113937 wrote:Image
That looks fantastic! There's something about the curves that is just perfect - could it be the Fibonacci Sequence?!!

Andrew

Dwayne
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Dwayne » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:48 pm

Andrew:113967 wrote: That looks fantastic! There's something about the curves that is just perfect - could it be the Fibonacci Sequence?!!

Andrew
Mostly coincidence. I actually just eyeball the topography and start laying track. None of the curves have a fixed radius.

Dwayne
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Dwayne » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:57 am

After being away for a few months thought I'd check in. Besides my pc committing suicide I had some family matters to deal with in November up in Canada that have kept me away. While I was on that trip a major ice storm rolled through Oklahoma. The result was numerous tree branches breaking and crashing down on the track. Another less intense ice storm arrived during the Christmas season with a few more branches coming down and causing some minor damage that would have to wait to be prepared once warmer weather arrived.

Unusually warm weather arrived a couple of weeks ago prompting me to get out and make repairs. As I viewed the damage I decided that I wasn't content with the size of the layout... that the 100 feet of existing track was just too much.

Studying on it, I decided that the time had come to change things and say farewell to the line. I pulled up the track, stripped the rail from the ties and gave some thought about what my next step would be.

That next step is a 50% smaller layout called the Norinoo Junction Railway which I'll chronicle about on it's own thread... http://gardenrails.myfreeforum.org/sutr ... php#116393