Roberts Wood Light Railway

A place for the discussion of garden railways and any garden style/scale portable and/or indoor layouts
Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:14 pm

The ballast makes such a difference... well worth the effort!
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:19 am

Peter Butler:112065 wrote:The ballast makes such a difference... well worth the effort!
I agree, it looks great, and blends into the garden really well too...

Andrew

Roberts wood light railwa
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Roberts wood light railwa » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:16 pm

thank you for your kind replies. The line is getting to a stage where im happy with it now. As you say it blends the line in well and doesnt stick out like a sore thumb which it used to before ballast.

Thanks again
james
If its not made to run on rails I'm not bothered

Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Roberts wood light railwa » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:47 pm

not much happening on the line recently, i have started a branch line off the main loop where a joint between tenmille track and peco is hoped to be made. The branch will finish at a station where it is hoped a run round will be put in and also i siding which could also be use as yet another extention. A crane is also being prepared for the goods area. There is also a few extre bits to widen before my first open day on the 22nd.

daily services are being ran by the HGLW full cabbed loco

Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Roberts wood light railwa » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:11 pm

A little update from the line. As the weather has been pretty good the line has been running a daily service with one of the tree resident battery electrics taking it turns to do a week each. The line will hold its first open day this saturday 22nd for the East Riding and Wolds 16mm group.

A crane has been bought and painted and will be out on the line this weekend along with a scratch built water tower which isnt the best but is bing used to test ideas.

it was found that my track bed wasn't wide enough to fit larger locos on when the gauging was tested with a friends caradoc. Due to this i had to widen the track bed in certain areas to allow the over hang of the bigger locos.

sorry for any double pictures my naming of pictures in my folder isn't great

Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Roberts wood light railwa » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:27 am

Update... posted pictures of first open day in the "open day" section

A great day was had on Saturday with only a small turn out but something running.

Some peco set track curves along with one flexi length were also given to the line. Last night a joint was made between the existing tenmille and peco track which has officially started the extention to a new station and siding. Further breeze blocks are required along with a few pieces of track.

A steam loco has left the line this week. ROBERT the mamod has been sold off due to numerous and continuous problems. Steam services will now be put on the shoulders of the new mamod until a new steam loco is found.