Silly Billy's visit to the DLR

If you would like to share some of your garden railway photographs or photos of prototypes which might inspire members, then please post them in here
DLRdan
Driver
Driver

Silly Billy's visit to the DLR

Post by DLRdan » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:45 pm

Well that was, err, fun? The afternoon started with me running my ip Jack with mamod and slate wagons in tow( well I couldn't be bothered to get me wagons out). Once Will had filled his edrig with the appropriate fluids, he let it out on the line towing some of my wagons. Much to my suprise it went round without any thing getting in the way, as in the past I've had to remove lumps of platform when people have come. After the gas had run out I let the Peckett fly found for a while. When that was finished Will decided he'd had enough of living and wanted to steam the Dewinton. Suprisingly it went quite well even though the flame was coming out the bottom and it even moved!!! When we had finished risking our lives, the Edrig was fired up for the second time and as it was dark the coaches came out. All in all it was agood afternoon. I'm sure I will have forgoten something but I'll get corrected on that. Enough of me dribbling heres the pictures

Dan,

James: "Dan, can you use your hearing and tell me if that trains coming ?"
DLR
www.freewebs.com/dlrail

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:49 pm

Nice pics.
Garden Railways-best hobby in the world.

ACLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by ACLR » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:37 pm

looks like a great day was had by all :D

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:50 pm

Was brilliant, thanks Dan for a great afternoon!
Gag inspects Dan's work
Going off shed

I'm pleased to report 'Isabelle' ran beautifully, running as slow as Dan's Peckett, he has some very nice video locations, so expect a video in due course :) !