Deltang Rx65b shuttle mode

A place for discussing battery-electric locomotives, whether they're diesel, steam or even electric outline
ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Deltang Rx65b shuttle mode

Post by ge_rik » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:25 pm

I recently invested in a little 32mm gauge industrial diesel loco to haul skips to and fro on a feeder line from the copper mine to the loading hoppers on my main 45mm gauge railway. I thought it might be a nice idea to construct a little Picaxe program to get it shuttling back and forth until I found out (by reading the manual) that the latest Deltang receiver for large scale locos includes its own shuttle mode. This can be programmed by the user to change the deceleration and acceleration time and the amount of time it stops. This can also be set to be random for a bit of variety. In addition, there is a buffer-stop mode (the loco slows to a halt at the buffers until you intervene with the transmitter) and a station-stop mode (it slows to a halt, waits and then continues in the same direction). And, it can be controlled as normal using the transmitter. The stops are signalled via magnet on the track and a reed switch under the loco. And all this for the princely sum of £31.

Here's a little video showing it in operation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drxH1UMhcmc

I never cease to be amazed by the innovations which David T at Deltang introduces.

Rik

BTW - I have no connection with Deltang other than being a very satisfied customer.
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

DLRdan
Driver
Driver

Post by DLRdan » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:14 pm

A very interesting little video demonstration. Also just watched your video on programming which was very well thought out and answered all my questions in one go.
Dan,

James: "Dan, can you use your hearing and tell me if that trains coming ?"
DLR
www.freewebs.com/dlrail

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:40 pm

DLRdan:108365 wrote:A very interesting little video demonstration. Also just watched your video on programming which was very well thought out and answered all my questions in one go.
Thanks. I'll have to make an update of that. The most recent Deltang Prog4 programmer is a heck of a lot easier to use. It takes a little while to set up on the computer but once it's installed programming is simply a matter of typing a few numbers into a text file and the transmitting it via the Prog 4 to the receiver.

Rik
------------------------

Big Jim

Post by Big Jim » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:53 pm

I have a Deltang set ready to wire up. I must say that David is a very helpful bloke to deal with and his range of stuff is great.
If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer!

Joe
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Joe » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:47 pm

where did you buy it from? can you buy it from delatang its self?
Steam is highly under rated

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:00 am

Joe:108375 wrote:where did you buy it from? can you buy it from delatang its self?
On the Deltang website there are various links to suppliers, but I usually buy direct from David. I just send him an email with my requirements (look carefully at the various types of receiver and specify which you want - see below). He then sends a Paypal invoice and pops it in the post - it usually arrives the following day.

If you click on the link to the Rx65b info you'll see there are various different models dependent on the type of transmitter you want to use it with. Then you can have them with/without wires soldered on to the board etc. Because I use the Deltang Tx22 transmitter I usually order a Rx65b-22-W (ie Rx65b receiver - designed for use with the Tx22 - with wires attached).

If in doubt, ask David to advise you. As Big Jim says, he's very helpful.

Rik
------------------------

-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Post by -steves- » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:04 am

You guys are saying David is very helpful?? I am finding the complete opposite to this at the moment, everything I ask, he either says he doesn't have the capacity to teach me (simple question about LED's and resistors) or just says its in the instructions on-line (using a channel for 2 switches and all I got back was I need to read up on analogue and digital), with no real reference of what I am supposed to be looking for. Prior to sending any email I always go on-line, read through all the documentation he provides and try to give as much detail as I have gleaned from it and what I think the issue is, with the results I have found, including voltages, channels used, operation wanted etc, I usually spend many hours doing this before asking any questions. To be honest, I find him rather rude and abrupt, its a shame there is no where else to to for this stuff as I would if I could. Not sure if this is just down to his house move recently and a lack of time but it certainly wont do his customer base any good if this starts to filter down to everyone. Maybe I should jsut ask the questions on here and ask one of you guys to ask him, as clearly he doesn't like me :oops:
The buck stops here .......

Ditton Meadow Light Railway (DMLR)
Member of Peterborough and District Association
http://peterborough.16mm.org.uk/