ANLR Christmas Steamup 2014

If you would like to share some of your garden railway photographs or photos of prototypes which might inspire members, then please post them in here
laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

ANLR Christmas Steamup 2014

Post by laalratty » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:08 pm

It's been a while since I posted photos of a 16mm Association North West Area Group steamup, but I took at fair few that are worth sharing at the steamup on my own line today. The middle of December is the anniversary of the opening of my line, 2014 being the 7th Anniversary. Despite having a line for 7 years, steamups still throw up some different locos, as the photos show.

First out was the latest loco to be super detailed by Simon (PTLRcecil). A Roundhouse Russell which has as far as reasonably possible been made to look like the real Russell circa 2003. It looked lovely paired with my Welsh Highland carriages.
Rounding the curve past the now former greenhouse.
From the Ingleton Mountain Railway came this neat little IP Engineering simplex and slate waggons.
Hartside from the Forest Fields Railway passes Ty Pren halt.
Hartside waits at Afallen for Sir Robert to pull in. Sir Robert was finding its load of 4 heavy Vale of Rheidol coaches a bit of a struggle, so Harside shunted its train into one of the sidings at Afallen and banked Sir Robert for a lap.
Sir Robert from the Pine Tree Light Railway passes the quarry with the Rheidol train, Hartside is out of shot at the rear.
Matt's Lady Anne, 41217 which performed well as ever.
PTLRsam's Archangel Marmaduke paused at Afallen.
One of the NWAG's newer members collected his Roundhouse Vale of Rheidol from the PTLR works at the steamup, and of course it also had to have a run. It was paired with a 4 car VoR train, looking good rounding the headland.
The last visitor was a great surprise, being the first Roundhouse Sandy River number 24 to run here, and the first one I've ever seen running on a garden railway. It ran nicely with a goods set, wearing a set of antlers over the headlight... It is visiting the area for a few months, in the care of the PTLR.
Sat on the new viaduct over the pond, headlight ablaze.
My thanks go to all those that attended and made the afternoon a great success. The weather for most of the afternoon never got beyond a bit drizzly, far better then the forecast suggested. :)
"What the hell is that?"
"It's a model icebreaker sir."
"It's a bit big isn't it?"
"It's a full scale model sir....."

steamie1
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by steamie1 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:35 pm

I love these shots as it keeps the hobby fires going.

Soar Valley Light
Driver
Driver

Post by Soar Valley Light » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:44 pm

Steamie1 is so right. Speaking as someone who is only just getting round to construction, they offer suggestions, build encouragement and create inspiration to press on with the job.

Thanks Laal Ratty for posting, and to everyone who went along to make the day the success it clearly was. ;)
"Smith! Why do you only come to work four days a week?
"'cause I can't manage on three gaffer!"