What should you be doing now?

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
Big Jim

What should you be doing now?

Post by Big Jim » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:12 pm

Perhaps a bit of a silly one...
I am supposed to be finishing off a couple of essays for a part time Theology degree I am attempting to do. Trouble when I get home from work my grey matter is a bit fried and this forum is much more entertaining.
If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer!

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:51 pm

Tidying the kitchen after making a complete mess of it cooking dinner while my poor wife's ill in bed - instead I've filled it with even more mess and fumes 'cos I've been staining the insides of the brake van I'm working on. I really must go and tidy up now...

steamie1
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by steamie1 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:22 am

I think we've al pushed the boundaries with the domestic authorities trying to model...
When I was flying I met an older lady after being arrested in Jeddah about 16 years ago. She now lives up the road in the next village! She and her fella came round for a big nosh up and story telling. She started a hospital in the Himalaya's.

andymctractor
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Re: What should you be doing now?

Post by andymctractor » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:45 pm

Big Jim:106063 wrote:I am supposed to be finishing off a couple of essays for a part time Theology degree I am attempting to do.
I did a part time degree finishing 14 years ago. It took 7 years to complete but I ended up with a BSc. Hons 2.1 in Technology with a diploma in Design and Innovation. At the time I was a police constable working full time and within a short period of time I was still a police constable. (No jokes about plebs please :shock: )
Some of the courses were very interesting but some needed a stubborn approach to get through.
I had a look through some of my written coursework a little while ago and realised I couldn't even remember the names of some of the courses.
A theology essay would need at least one glass of red wine if I intended to get any further than writing the title. :twisted:

Good luck
Regards
Andy McMahon

If it moves, salute it.  If it doesn't move, paint it. (RN sailors basic skills course 1968)

kandnwlr
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by kandnwlr » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:53 pm

And I´ve been teaching post-grads in Zurich .... since 08:30 Friday and it´s now Sunday afternoon. so that´s 3 x 10 hours.

Prof. K&NWLR is now pretty knackered, and is looking forward to going home and a glass or two of something pretty strong and some trains. With a bit of luck, Garden Rail will have finally arrived thanks to the French post office, and Mrs K&NWLR won´t have chucked it in the bin.

Seven minutes until I can give them their exam.

tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Post by tom_tom_go » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:57 pm

steamie1:106066 wrote: When I was flying I met an older lady after being arrested in Jeddah about 16 years ago. She now lives up the road in the next  village! She and her fella came round for a big nosh up and story telling. She started a hospital in the Himalaya's.
Now there's a story that needs telling...

steamie1
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by steamie1 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:43 pm

You can read about in my book " A flying Life" by Lloyd Edwards. my small book is on Amaon/kindle etc. My writing is not fab but things happened which were not mainstream. Some luck some bad luck, in short life.

steamie1
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by steamie1 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:44 pm

If you do read it folks,feel free to ask questions or let me know your thoughts could be fun.

andysleigh
Driver
Driver

Post by andysleigh » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:20 pm

building my 71/4....been too lazy with that lately

Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:31 pm

Two supervisions worth of work and finishing my Equilibrium Thermodynamics exercise report. And by finishing I mean starting...
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

TTHLRMatt
Fireman
Fireman

Post by TTHLRMatt » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:56 pm

I should be taking notes on Stalins Cult of Personality and the advantages of the purges to his leadership plus evaluating some of my photography coursework! Joys of A levels!

River Lin
Fireman
Fireman

Post by River Lin » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:24 pm

Just finished wrapping Christmas presents. Why does everyone else in the family seem to get more pressies than i do? Mind you, i know i am getting the new book about the Bryngwyn Branch as i bought it at the Lincoln show. :D
Now to spend half an hour working on a Cleminson underframe for my next NWNG project.
David T.

Big Jim

Post by Big Jim » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:34 pm

Just finished the last of this terms essays. :D

My self imposed ban from modelling has now been lifted. :D

I can go back up the shed again and not feel guilty about work I should be doing. :D

YIPPIE :D
If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer!

jay1976
Fireman
Fireman

Post by jay1976 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:01 am

modifying my van but crushed my hand so cant do much now....

Big Jim

Post by Big Jim » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:57 am

Ooo nasty, how did you manage that?

IrishPeter
Driver
Driver

Post by IrishPeter » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:39 am

Recovering from the Sunday 'circus' and contemplating the fact that I have to kick someone into motion to arrange a venue etc., for Diocesan Standing Committee for a vacant diocese come March. Also trying to work out if it would be simpler to do it myself and tell them that is how it is going to be!

Peter in AZ
Traffic Pattern? What pattern? Spuds out; grain in, but cattle, sheep and passengers are a lot less predictable.

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:50 pm

What I am doing is making storage boxes for all of the stock I have been building throughout this year..... it's amazing just how many have accumulated without me becoming aware.

There are 13 there (so far) and they all need painting, lining and finishing.

Now.... what I should be doing is making more rolling stock ready for a new running season next year and having more items to display at the various exhibitions we attend.
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?