Page 1 of 1

Lamps

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:02 pm
by Dannypenguin
Hi guys,

Just a quickie, does anyone know the company that sells the working loco and tail lamps with the batteries and all inside the lamp?

There was some at Llanfair but I can't remember the name of the company. I'm not really interested in the ones what are wired up to batteries inside the loco.

Thanks! :)

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:31 pm
by MDLR
Chuffed 2 Bits are who you need to contact,.................. http://www.chuffed2bits.com/page3.html

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:59 pm
by Keith S
I have some of those- they look quite nice and the advantage is that if your loco and wagons have lamp irons, you can put the lamps anywhere you like just like the real thing. They glow softly and look quite realistic, at least what I imagine an oil lantern might have looked like on a train, anyway.

The only thing I don't like about them is that the batteries don't last very long, enough for a couple of night running sessions maybe. It's possible to replace the batteries, but I only succeeded in doing this on one of my lanterns, the others I bu&&ered up the insides taking them apart, the bits inside are so small. I'm thinking of writing to chuffed2bits and asking for some more innards so I can repair them.

Also the website at the moment has a note that they are waiting for castings, so if you order some you might be in for a bit of a wait.

They are nice though.

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:17 pm
by JMORG
Although non-working, DJB do some great lamps!
I don't know if you remember the black lamps on my Katie and Silver Lady at Lydney Danny?

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:22 pm
by paullad1984
Garden Railway Services sell them too, including L&B style square ones!

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:59 pm
by Dannypenguin
Thanks chaps, thats the badger! :) I need to see if they'll do them in black for me, my Stanley's original lamps are possibly going to be 'requisitioned' so thought these would be suitable replacements, considering they're roughly the same price!

Can't remember yours Jason, but it was working ones I was looking for.

Thanks again!

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:33 pm
by daveyrd11
I've just added a set to my Christmas list!

Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:39 pm
by JMORG
http://www.djbengineering.co.uk/lamps.shtml The ones I use are the original L&B Lamps