Page 1 of 1

Wire up two battery chassis

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:44 pm
by Crackingjob
Hi I have the enclosed, with the idea of building a Greendale Fairlie locomotive using two Novo / Big big chassis.
The motors were wired up for 4 x c cell 1.5v (paralell?) giving 3v to the motor. I intend to use rechargeable batteries in a holder(s) and a simple on/centre off/on switch for forward reverse...BUT I need advice as to a wiring diagram...I had thought of two lots of batteries (one in each loco body)but not sure if that would work....help!
Image

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:53 pm
by MDLR
The simple way is to have one set of batteries - 2 X AA will be fine - and an on/off/on switch on one loco, but with TWO sets of output leads, one to each motor. Just make sure both motors run in the same direction - it could be embarrassing if they didn't!

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:03 pm
by Crackingjob
Thanks for that...yes making them run the same way will prevent Push me - Pull me!