Summerlee Model Train Weekend

If you would like to share some of your garden railway photographs or photos of prototypes which might inspire members, then please post them in here
Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Summerlee Model Train Weekend

Post by Chris Cairns » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:02 pm

Just returned from a very enjoyable day at Summerlee's (Museum of Scottish Industrial Life) Model Train weekend running on the West of Scotland Group (16mm Association) indoor layout 'Glendreich'.

My recent overhaul of my Regner Lumber Jack was successful as it completed 4 runs over the day, although the lack of a water filler bottle with the right size tubing restricted the running times.

Back again for more tomorrow so hopefully more time for a walkabout & more photos.

I do have a short video of the Lumber Jack running but it depends if Windows Movie Maker will play ball tonight editing an avi file.

Chris Cairns

laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:42 pm

Some lovely locos there, nice to see a Britomart that is a model of the real one for once :lol: and I also like the Cegin, is that an Archangel model?
"What the hell is that?"
"It's a model icebreaker sir."
"It's a bit big isn't it?"
"It's a full scale model sir....."

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:53 pm

laalratty wrote:nice to see a Britomart that is a model of the real one for once and I also like the Cegin, is that an Archangel model?
'Britomart' was hand built from measurements, photographs, etc. of the real Britomart. I'll ask what 'Cegin' is tomorrow.

Short video of my Lumber Jack here - http://gardenrails.myfreeforum.org/ftop ... 0-asc-.php

Chris Cairns

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:11 pm

'Cegin', like 'Britomart', is scratchbuilt by the same owner. It did run briefly on the Sunday but I did not have my camera to hand at the time. Unfortunately 'Britomart', which had thrown a sickie before I arrived on the Saturday, threw another sickie on the Sunday so had to be persuaded around the layout by hand.

Some photos from the Sunday.

Chris Cairns

DolwyddelanLightRail
Driver
Driver

Post by DolwyddelanLightRail » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:03 pm

That Britomart does look lovely!

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:27 pm

Very nice layout too, nice to see something different from the usual "double-track with fancy station" indoor set-ups that often look a bit "main line"...

Cheers for the photos,

Andrew.