let there be light

If you would like to share some of your garden railway photographs or photos of prototypes which might inspire members, then please post them in here
jim@NAL
Driver
Driver

let there be light

Post by jim@NAL » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:57 pm

a few pics I got been busy this weekend finally finished my shops and put them in place

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:45 pm

<Facebook>
LIKE!!
</Facebook>
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

jim@NAL
Driver
Driver

Post by jim@NAL » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:04 pm

thank you got 1 comment at least someone's looking get the feeling no one cares or looks what I put on here sometimes

Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:06 pm

Not at all - I follow your posts with interest. Sorry I don't post as often as I should. These are very atmospheric shots - I'd like to be able to replicate this with my little town - the lights are an LED chain I assume?
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:59 pm

Very atmospheric..... makes the vehicles look quite realistic with the light reflection on the paintwork.

Keith S
Driver
Driver

Post by Keith S » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:46 pm

jim@NAL:97922 wrote:thank you got 1 comment at least someone's looking get the feeling no one cares or looks what I put on here sometimes
That's just what it's like here sometimes. I only just saw them now. I am a little sleepy and I was thinking at first, "why is he posting pictures of some street at night-time?" I didn't realize it was a model village at first.

jim@NAL
Driver
Driver

Post by jim@NAL » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:36 pm

many thanks for the comments

bazzer42
Driver
Driver

Post by bazzer42 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:58 pm

I've only just caught up with this thread as well. Spill the beans Jim, how do you power up the leds? Is it a chain? I'm putting 12 volt boy racer Leds in my buildings but not thought how I'm going to connect them all up....

they will run off a 9 volt dry battery but don't know whether to connect each building to one or a battery for each group. Can you move your buildings or are they fixed?

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:49 pm

bazzer42:97968 wrote:I've only just caught up with this thread as well.  Spill the beans Jim,  how do you power up the leds? Is it a chain?  I'm putting 12 volt boy racer Leds in my buildings but not thought how I'm going to connect them all up....
That's REALLY doing it the hard way! Get yourself to your local IKEA where you can get a string of 30 with a 2 X AA battery box, all for the princely sum of £3! It's in their RAMSTA range.....................
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

jim@NAL
Driver
Driver

Post by jim@NAL » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:13 pm

yes the building are on solor lights its quite funny the pub comes on a 8pm on the dot .building are not fixed are on hevey tile bases and masticated down so can be moved easy if there was a problem with the lights

bazzer42
Driver
Driver

Post by bazzer42 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:24 pm

MDLR:97975 wrote:
bazzer42:97968 wrote:I've only just caught up with this thread as well.  Spill the beans Jim,  how do you power up the leds? Is it a chain?  I'm putting 12 volt boy racer Leds in my buildings but not thought how I'm going to connect them all up....
That's REALLY doing it the hard way! Get yourself to your local IKEA where you can get a string of 30 with a 2 X AA battery box, all for the princely sum of £3! It's in their RAMSTA range.....................
Aaaah Mr Dominic, versatility is the name of the game as the soft white give a nice glow at 9 volts and they can be cut in blocks of three. I have put them into coaches and underslung a pp3 on the chassis. Just not tried buildings yet.

Thanks for the feedback Jim, I might have a mess around with a solar light and see what it will do with my light strips.

philipy

Post by philipy » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:54 am

bazzer42:97997 wrote:
MDLR:97975 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback Jim, I might have a mess around with a solar light and see what it will do with my light strips.
My wife has a fixation about solar lights in the garden, she buys dozens of the things.
They don't seem to last very long in general ( about a year). I'm not sure whether the recharegable batteries go or the small piece of chinese integrated circuitry gives up the ghost, although I suspect the latter - put a normal battery in and they spring back to life, so it isnt the LEDs themselves.
BTW I've used them in my station and have the same problem.
Philip

jim@NAL
Driver
Driver

Post by jim@NAL » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:29 pm

string sola lights steam to of lasted ok but as mentioned its the battery's that die not the leds so far they have lasted well the pub lights have been outside 2 years .the last lot of lights I got where from B&Q and where 7 pounds harf price as they are Christmas lights