Hunslet 0-4-0T Microbe drawing
Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:37 pm
Hi
Way back in the mists of time when men were men and dinosaurs walked the land, Don Townsley had an article in Tom Coopers Live Steam Model Railway Review (I think) describing the tiny Hunslet 0-4-0T Microbe supplied to Knostrop sewage works near Leeds. It may have been in Locolines - Tom's mags changed name with a frightening rapidity. Certainly it was the first copy of the large-format glossy that he published at one stage.
At the time, I started a 16mm model of this, which with hindsight would never have worked. Now I fancy resurrecting the project, or rather, starting anew in 7/8ths.
My problem is this: I kept the relevant magazine and the working photocopies of the drawings separate from the rest of my copies of Tom's mags. A divorce and three house moves later, guess what? I can't find the mag or the copies.
Is there anyone with a copy of this mag that would be prepared to scan the relevant pages and email them to me, please?
My apologies for needing this help. I KNOW I still have the magazine somewhere, but many hours of searching over a long period have completely failed to find it and I really am rather keen to make a start.
FWIW, the 16mm version had a boiler only 32 mm diameter and much too low to the frames to allow fitting a Jack Wheldon style flame shield (it was to be a pot boiler). Now I'm looking at a 45mm single flue boiler, gas fired and Roundhouse cylinders. I feel a success coming on.
Many thanks
Mike
Way back in the mists of time when men were men and dinosaurs walked the land, Don Townsley had an article in Tom Coopers Live Steam Model Railway Review (I think) describing the tiny Hunslet 0-4-0T Microbe supplied to Knostrop sewage works near Leeds. It may have been in Locolines - Tom's mags changed name with a frightening rapidity. Certainly it was the first copy of the large-format glossy that he published at one stage.
At the time, I started a 16mm model of this, which with hindsight would never have worked. Now I fancy resurrecting the project, or rather, starting anew in 7/8ths.
My problem is this: I kept the relevant magazine and the working photocopies of the drawings separate from the rest of my copies of Tom's mags. A divorce and three house moves later, guess what? I can't find the mag or the copies.
Is there anyone with a copy of this mag that would be prepared to scan the relevant pages and email them to me, please?
My apologies for needing this help. I KNOW I still have the magazine somewhere, but many hours of searching over a long period have completely failed to find it and I really am rather keen to make a start.
FWIW, the 16mm version had a boiler only 32 mm diameter and much too low to the frames to allow fitting a Jack Wheldon style flame shield (it was to be a pot boiler). Now I'm looking at a 45mm single flue boiler, gas fired and Roundhouse cylinders. I feel a success coming on.
Many thanks
Mike