Shed Railway.

A place for the discussion of garden railways and any garden style/scale portable and/or indoor layouts
sstjc
Fireman
Fireman

Post by sstjc » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:40 pm

I thought i'd add my little bit in to this interesting thread.... I love the shed railway and look forward to seeing how this develops.

Having recently sold my house in deepest Kent and rented a property a little further up the M20 I found myself with a spare room. I haven't got a shed, I do have a garage but its ruddy cold out there at the moment and looking for something to do that doesn't involve this 'orrible weather we are suffering. So what I now have is what is fast becoming a spare room railway. Back in August 2012 I saw a portable layout advertised complete with Mamod track. Although I can't remember where it may even have been on this forum. Anyway I think I paid about £40 for it plus the fuel up to somewhere in Essex. It then got put in the garage at my old house with good intentions of making use of it and there it sat.... Fast forward to today and no longer being under the control of my good lady as only I and my middle son live here I have free rein to set up the trestles in the spare room. The only problem as you will see is I have a bit missing (keep your jokes to yourselves please !) but this will be easily solved. Although its based on two pasting tables they are ****** heavy with the baseboards attached. As well as the missing link I have had to source some missing bolts but the guy who constructed it made an extremely and surprisingly sturdy job of it. Not knowing how long I will be living here and being limited in what I am allowed to do in the garden this seems like the ideal solution.

The first two pictures were taken by the original owner who I believe only used the layout once for a local exhibition. The last picture is of where it is now in my spare room... I'm looking forward to some fun with this.....

[/img]Image

[/img]Image
Regards
Barry

www.5inchrail.com