industrial 0-4-0 peckett

If you would like to share some of your garden railway photographs or photos of prototypes which might inspire members, then please post them in here
freelander
Cleaner
Cleaner

industrial 0-4-0 peckett

Post by freelander » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:51 pm

Hi folks, just like to share my project of building a 0-4-0 Peckett loco kit purchased from GRS. not quite finished as detailing needs to be added, one or two may notice the added coal bunker on the cab this houses the receiver which is controlled by timpdon transmitter.
lining is done using fox 7 mm transfers, colour is my own mix of black and red

get out and do it

jim@NAL
Driver
Driver

Post by jim@NAL » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:27 pm

good looking loco it looks fantatic

laurence703
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by laurence703 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:40 pm

Very nice! What sort of weight can you put behind it??
No one expects the SPANISH ACQUISITION!!!

RylstonLight
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by RylstonLight » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:17 pm

Like the colour, nice chunky machine.

Lots of people suggest GRS kits can be a bit basic with a lot a fabrication needed by the purchaser. How was this one?

Andy S at the RLR
Andy S. at the Rylston Light Railway

williamfj
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by williamfj » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:19 pm

I had thought about building one of their Peckett kits for some time, and looking at those photos it's difficult to not dream of having one of my own, great job.

steamie1
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by steamie1 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:13 pm

Lovely!

Enginehouse
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Enginehouse » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:16 pm

williamfj:93981 wrote:I had thought about building one of their Peckett kits for some time, and looking at those photos it's difficult to not dream of having one of my own, great job.
A very nice job indeed and the bunker is a superb addition which to my mind balances the loco a bit better over all. I like the out lining too. Must get some ordered up.

I have the original 'kit' here, still in its box. Very limited instructions (what instructions?) and not even a picture of the cab interior, although that's not a problem if one has a decent picture or two of the real 'lump' in running order. When this first came out the chassis offered for the loco by this supplier was to say the least 'amusing' and totally inappropriate with its four small inside wheels and for the type of loco 'kit' purchased. Consequently I didn't purchase that and the 'kit' was to be my last foray into purchasing from this supplier. I will probably get around to building it one day when the workbench gets a bit clearer.
Cheers

Roy H

freelander
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by freelander » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:22 am

many thanks for the comments, I found the kit to be very basic and needed lots of work to get it into a workable state, but I suppose that is what you get when working from a kit form. the chassis was very crudely put together and the wheel and rods needed some attention, but overall I found it a good project to work with, when I ordered mine I had to wait for about 4 weeks as GRS said they had changed the supplier and was awaiting new stock, as I said in my first post it's not finished and needs fine tuning but will post new photo when completed.

freelander
get out and do it

freelander
Cleaner
Cleaner

Peckett 0-4-0

Post by freelander » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:54 am

As promised, fine tuned the Peckett with couplers and added the fire irons, also looks well with shed mate Hunslet 0-4-0 (Linda, keeps the wife happy), all I need now is some fine weather to give them a run.

freelander
get out and do it

Peter L
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Peter L » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:48 pm

Beautifull!

laurence703
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by laurence703 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:10 pm

Very nice! certainly look the part!
No one expects the SPANISH ACQUISITION!!!

Gremlin
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Gremlin » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:36 pm

A very nice pair of engines you have there, great work as I know what you have to put into these GRS kits to make them look good.

Tom
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Tom » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:25 pm

Lovely! The loco's look fantastic :D I didn't like the colour at first, but has grown on me a lot since you last posted some photos, I hope you will be keeping it clean and pristine!
Cheers Tom

Keith S
Driver
Driver

Post by Keith S » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:49 pm

Well done. They're indistinguishable from live steam without a peek in the cab. Looks very nice.

kandnwlr
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Re: Peckett 0-4-0

Post by kandnwlr » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:24 am

[quote="freelander:94188"]As promised, fine tuned the Peckett with couplers and added the fire irons, also looks well with shed mate Hunslet 0-4-0 (Linda, keeps the wife happy), all I need now is some fine weather to give them a run.

They look fantastic. I´ve still got a GRS kit I made up 15 years ago, which has now gone back to kit status after a swallow dive off someone´s track. Thanks for the motivation ....