Page 1 of 1

Joining Mamod and Peco 32mm track

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:54 pm
by mikewakefielduk@btinterne
OK, I'm sure this has been asked before but as I couldn't find any references I'll ask here.

My existing garden layout consists Mamod track and points as I have very tight curves to avoid obstacles. I'm now considering extending things by adding a single forty foot branch along the top of a low (9 inch) retaining wall. I'd like to use Peco track as the Mamod stuff doesn't look great but it will mean having to join the Peco track onto Mamod points.

Has anybody tried this successfully and can give me some pointers (no pun intended)

Mike Wakefield

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:00 pm
by LnBmad
Yes. Photo speaks more

Image

Mamod to peco

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:08 pm
by Vapouriser
I have used some Hornby tinplate. I think it looks great in an industrial area but joining that to anything was a real challenge. I used a little epoxy. I should think by filing the rails to fit then doing the same to the epoxy would work. Hiw you d ever seperate them if you needed I dont know. I should change my name on here to Bodgerboy!

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:57 pm
by jay1976
also if you are gareful with a bench grinder/dremalyou can grind the mamod track yo fit peco or simlar track fishplates.. I tried this myself and it works but did take time to get the fishplates to fit.. I used a dremal which took longer but made a better fit..

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:52 am
by mikewakefielduk@btinterne
Thanks one and all for the advice and pictures. Have ordered some Peco track.

Mike